2014/15 Football Season

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Naturally! Sorry, Blackburn is our nearest large town, so half the locals here support them. Always known as Rovers. Burnley is about the same distance away, so the other half support them. Never the twain shall meet, or words to that effect.

Fell out with a good mate of mine, we call him 'Burnley', he tried to headbutt me as he told me there was only one team in the premiership that wears claret and blue..........

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
We (Blackpool) were in the Premier League 3 years ago! Lots of problems with the Chairman, who also owns the ground in his own right. Lots of feeling amongst the fans that he has lost interest and is preparing to close the club and develop the land once he has received the last Parachute Payment from the FA following relegation. It all seems to go in his own pocket. Nothing is spent on players, which is why we can't attract any to sign contracts. Our team is mainly trialists and loan players at the moment. The trialists are un-named, but at least we do have named players for our first match tomorrow, none of who have played together as a team as yet!. Even the Manager was on Sky yesterday admitting it is a shambles. Such a shame for an old club with a lot of history.

Of course you were, I forgot! We were relegated in the same season and met each other at Wembley!! I was there and can still remember the chants...... "Your support is f*****g ****"......

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fell out with a good mate of mine, we call him 'Burnley', he tried to headbutt me as he told me there was only one team in the premiership that wears claret and blue..........
our awyt kit is a variation of claret and blue, goes back to ancient times.
think you may have overlooked the Villa!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I agree with @semiphonic . Man Utd will win the Premiership this season, they have less games to play than the other big names as they aren't in Europe. So I'm saying ManU, Man City, Chelsea .......and please, please Arsenal 4th and Spurs 5th....then all will be well with the world! :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I sympathise and empathise. We are in the same situation as you. We have little or no investment into the infrastructure of the club and only miracles have had us avoiding further relegations. At the turn of the centry we were in three successive play offs for the premiership, a Wembly final and numerous cup exploits. How the mighty whites have fallen!

Our greedy Chairman and the demise of our club has hit the headlines today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iga-tries-bring-squad-TWELVE-new-players.html

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Still think this is priceless, good old Chris Kamara :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And Jeff Stelling is a really nice guy too......spoke to him at Arsenal once.....that was the highlight of the tournament for me!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And Jeff Stelling is a really nice guy too......spoke to him at Arsenal once.....that was the highlight of the tournament for me!

Jeff makes a Saturday afternoon, gets so excited when the results come pouring in, makes me laugh every-time :) I could imagine his a nice guy and would love to have a chat with him.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Huddersfield Town here.

Clubs i hate are Man Utd and Leeds Utd and Millwall

Like to see Liverpool lift the title this time they were very unlucky last season loosing out in the dyeing couple of games.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Id love to see Man utd relegated too lol
Well I'll agree with you there! Not too happy that my team lost 2-0 at Millwall today though. Still I'm sure that league defeat will be the first of many under the new manager.:(

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At least FGR won! I suggested going to Southport to watch but decided it would be a bad idea......

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Fleetwood are the ones to watch as well they have done marvellous these last few years.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
York were unlucky to drop two points today. Superwhites not so good today!
Think York will have a good season. We will struggle!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well 'Pool lost 2-0 at Notts Forest, but far from burying our heads, we are delighted we only lost 2-0 with only 4 players on the subs bench as we only had 15 in total, and none of those playing had ever played together previously, not even in a friendly. Hubby has gone out to buy some boots.

Reactions: 3 people