2021/22 season

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Mansfield away mate. After last week's awful result, I'm expecting a response.
A nice away win would do. But a draw will do.

Good luck to all our teams.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesss get in there. 1-0 won. :singing::singing::singing: Now we sit in 5th place. It was the 82nd minute when we scored. Talk about sailing close to the wind. Next up is a trip to Posh (Peterborough) on Tuesday night. ooo to be a terrier.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another atrocious performance.
Another defeat!
Another game we haven't scored.
Another weekend of hope dashed.

Ho hum!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well finally! We get to see a good win by Arsenal! Leicester 0 Arsenal 2. Still buzzing from it. Once again my man of the match was Ramsdale. Brilliant goalie. I don't know why people doubted him. Great shot stopper. I felt just a tad sorry for the Leicester fans because they could easily have won that 3-2 if Ramsdale wasn't so good, and I like Casper Schmeichel so I don't enjoy seeing him let goals in, but hey....needs must lol. Ramsdale also does good, varied goal kicks and has mostly great positioning. And a real character to boot. The players came over to join our singing at the end of the match. 'Here we go o o , Saka and Emile Smith Rowe.' Real fun. Happy days. :) Best Arsenal Premiership performance we have been to since October 2018 v Fulham. A little premature maybe but it feels like we've finally got our Arsenal back. Having said that...my next match is at Anfield...:rolleyes:

Leeds managed to beat Norwich...phew and FGR scraped a point at somewhere or other. Yep I've lost the plot.
Oh ...it was Bradford.

Not a bad footie weekend for us. Well done too @Johnboy412 and hugs @Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
One of the grounds not been to, unfortunately, did go to Filbert street, but that was a long time ago, so you've got one up on me!
Not one of my favourite clubs for obvious reasons.

My grandsons went on Saturday to Mansfield and were totally angry with the performance. Going backwards in the last two league games. I have enjoyed my trips to Mansfield and the backroom staff looked after us. Bit like us, need to be league one, looking up!

I have given up footie, it really has to be.
I can only watch certain games and I can't take the chance of going backwards into depression. I've come so far, I am reducing my meds bit by bit. I do really need to be careful and have a lot a lot more confidence before I even go!
A few players and staff have said when I am ready, they have no problem with inviting to be with them in the stand. A really nice gesture, and has pleased me.

You never know, would love the gooners here in the cup, but not FGR!
I would defo like to go to that.

Gonna watch the bluenoses get beat by wolves tonight, hoping for entertainment, but knowing me, I will still be trying to understand tactics and shape, systems and how they approach the game, game management, and if the managers have got it right.

The beautiful game is under threat from game management and video refs.
Also, a fellow supporter, Mr Dean is apparently the most respected ref in the premier league, so he says.........

Keep safe @zand

Reactions: zand

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got away with a 1-1 draw last night. Posh scored first. A useful point and keeps us in 5th. Keeping a close eye on tonights results cos the teams around us are in action. Our next game is a trip to South Wales to face Cardiff on Saturday afternoon.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear tonight's results went against us and we've been pushed down to 7th place. Not to worry as we are still level points with 5th and 6th placed QPR and Stoke so all is not lost. Cardiff it is then on Saturday.

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Huddersfield Town have moved to reassure fans that chairman Phil Hodgkinson’s business going into administration does not affect the club’s financial position or put them at risk of going into administration themselves.

The Town chairman’s Liverpool-based legal firm Pure Legal Ltd and several associated limited companies have entered administration, but his 75% shareholding in Huddersfield Town is held under a completely separate and legally unrelated limited company, Pure Sports Consultancy Limited.

That means there is no risk that the difficulties at Pure Legal will transfer onto the football club.

I think a lot of us would have been worried at that. I still wonder though with him being skint and tight fisted Dean Hoyle what sort of team we can build to keep us in contention for the play offs. Dean Hoyle cannot be called a true Town fan cos he would not have sold 75% of the club to that pauper if he was. Time will tell.

Reactions: zand

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another weekend of sport ahead. Our lads travel to Cardiff tomorrow afternoon. Could do with all 3 points. Good luck to all our teams that are playing this weekend. Stay safe everyone and enjoy the bonfires tonight.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cup tomorrow, not really bothered, hope we get through, maybe get a plum tie v the terriers, or Gooners. You never know!

Watching the television games, but I might not!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
**** and blast we were winning 01-2 for long enough but now we have gone and lost. :( Grrrr not happy with that one.:mad: Now in 8th place with Blackpool and QPR still to play at 5:30pm. If Blackpool win we slip down to 9th. I can't help thinking this could be the point where we slip further and further down the table. International break now and we back in action on Sat 20th November. Home to West Brom.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cup tomorrow, not really bothered, hope we get through, maybe get a plum tie v the terriers, or Gooners. You never know!

Watching the television games, but I might not!

Well done you won. That was only the first round and we don't enter till the 3rd round.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We won but it was by no means a good win.
But we are in the hat, that is all that matters to us supporters.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A rarity tonight in the pizza cup at our place v Oldham.
A five goals thriller and we came out on top. And to top of that we are through to the next stage. Let's hope that it's a better draw than the FA cup! Another down sarf trip to that there London. Orient!!!!!

Even Carlisle had a decent win!

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A rarity tonight in the pizza cup at our place v Oldham.
A five goals thriller and we came out on top. And to top of that we are through to the next stage. Let's hope that it's a better draw than the FA cup! Another down sarf trip to that there London. Orient!!!!!

Even Carlisle had a decent win!

Snows come early a Carlisle win

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another good win for England last night. Only need a draw from Monday nights game and we are off to pay the Arabs a visit in Qatar next summer. :singing::singing:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another poor performance mate, another loss, another game we haven't scored.

Qatar is next November and December I believe.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Away to the pirates tomorrow.
I've got my prayer mat out.

It's one of the friendlier clubs behind the scenes, from the moment you arrive, until you leave, the back room staff are very generous with their help. And pies with lots of tea!!!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to West Brom for our lads this aft. Could do with all 3 points.
Good luck to all teams playing this afternoon.