3 years (nearly)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hba1c 39! :woot:

Amazed as weight has risen by 7 lbs, thinking it was carb creep so expecting bg to have risen too. And the test had covered an American holiday and Christmas in that 3 months.

Maybe it's fat creep, or portion creep, or lack of will power that has caused the weight gain but whatever it is I am so pleased to have my bg staying the same.

Thanks to my tribe on here for support, encouragement and education. Your daily presence helps keep me on track.
Now you just must help me lose that dreaded 7 lbs, please.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hba1c 39! :woot:

Amazed as weight has risen by 7 lbs, thinking it was carb creep so expecting bg to have risen too. And the test had covered an American holiday and Christmas in that 3 months.

Maybe it's fat creep, or portion creep, or lack of will power that has caused the weight gain but whatever it is I am so pleased to have my bg staying the same.

Thanks to my tribe on here for support, encouragement and education. Your daily presence helps keep me on track.
Now you just must help me lose that dreaded 7 lbs, please.
Always a relief when the hba1c stays where you want it but especially so after a somewhat challenging few months which included a holiday to America (bet that was awesome) and Christmas (top of the challenging times of the year leaderboard!). Now that's all behind you I'm sure your next goal re 7lb weightloss will be a walk in the park.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Maybe a little bit more walking after meals.
If not some other aerobics.
Or some light painting of woodwork, art, wallpaper hanging!
Or the roses need pruning, grass needs mowing, leaves brushed up.

That is what my beloved expects of myself!

However, you can completely ignore this fool!

Best wishes, you can do it your way!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe a little bit more walking after meals.
If not some other aerobics.
Or some light painting of woodwork, art, wallpaper hanging!
Or the roses need pruning, grass needs mowing, leaves brushed up.

That is what my beloved expects of myself!

However, you can completely ignore this fool!

Best wishes, you can do it your way!
Thank you, yes I do tend to do less in winter, I love being outside but hate drowning in mud!
I have resolved to at least do one active thing a day

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 I'm delighted that your hba1c has stayed the same even though you've had some wonderful times and treats.
I'm sure re the weight gain you can look at reducing it by maybe reviewing your macros and or your eating window along with managing any snacking. If you can look at it from a nutrition angle it may help? I find if I keep my fats moderate and have lots of filling and nutritious protein it really helps. I also need to stop keeping too many nuts in house if I don't want to gain weight .......

Reactions: MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 I'm delighted that your hba1c has stayed the same even though you've had some wonderful times and treats.
I'm sure re the weight gain you can look at reducing it by maybe reviewing your macros and or your eating window along with managing any snacking. If you can look at it from a nutrition angle it may help? I find if I keep my fats moderate and have lots of filling and nutritious protein it really helps. I also need to stop keeping too many nuts in house if I don't want to gain weight .......
Lots of things to try. I have been trying, but haven't found the magic solution yet. I think I'd be suited to early tmad or omad but try explaining that to hubby and son whose lives revolve around an evening meal! And I simply cannot fast if preparing food for others, see it, eat it

• Friendly
Reactions: shelley262

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of things to try. I have been trying, but haven't found the magic solution yet. I think I'd be suited to early tmad or omad but try explaining that to hubby and son whose lives revolve around an evening meal! And I simply cannot fast if preparing food for others, see it, eat it
What happens if you don’t prep for the others? It’s not like it’s necessarily forever.

I’m not the main cook here, but if I declare I‘ll passion lunch or whatever, my OH often does too.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about prepping them something for the evening which sits in a slow cooker or Instant Pot type thing which you can prep while prepping one of the earlier meals?