A Nice Surprise from my Nurse Practitioner!

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All, Just wanted to share with you a pleasant surprise of support I got from my NP when I visited her yesterday about a different issue. She told me that she had shared my success story at a diabetes conference she was at the other week on diabetes management and "what's new"! She admitted to the group that she was skeptical at my insistence in going low carb, eating to my meter and intermittent fasting. But after watching my progress and great blood work results, she is sold!!

I said that I was pleased that she would do so and said that I will be 68 next month and glad that I have finally gotten it right! She laughed and said that I am way ahead of the medical profession, but maybe they are beginning to try and get it right! Maybe I should thank Dr. Fung as he is having a positive effect on the medical group here in Canada!!?? Cheers/L

Edited to add that I have halved my Metformin and she also agreed to halving my BP med:)

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your progress to date @lindijanice you seem to be doing really well. What great news too to hear you’ve inspired a sceptical healthcare practitioner too ! No doubt other low carbers going to her in the future will get support from her based on some evidence - great news and well done you.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done on being the proof of the pudding. Keep spreading yourself about, you're an inspiration.

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All, Just wanted to share with you a pleasant surprise of support I got from my NP when I visited her yesterday about a different issue. She told me that she had shared my success story at a diabetes conference she was at the other week on diabetes management and "what's new"! She admitted to the group that she was skeptical at my insistence in going low carb, eating to my meter and intermittent fasting. But after watching my progress and great blood work results, she is sold!!

I said that I was pleased that she would do so and said that I will be 68 next month and glad that I have finally gotten it right! She laughed and said that I am way ahead of the medical profession, but maybe they are beginning to try and get it right! Maybe I should thank Dr. Fung as he is having a positive effect on the medical group here in Canada!!?? Cheers/L

Edited to add that I have halved my Metformin and she also agreed to halving my BP med:)
Well done. Brilliant.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's so cool they actually shared your story! I thought they just made up things like that but this is proof they are really talking about real people! :)

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's so cool they actually shared your story! I thought they just made up things like that but this is proof they are really talking about real people! :)
Yes. There are so many contradictions for diabetics in the HCLF approach that it must be unsustainable. Over time, more people will just ignore it. In the meantime, the craziness is causing real harm to people. As Dr Bernstein has said, "the ADA advice to eat wholegrain bread kills diabetics".

Reactions: lindijanice

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on your progress to date @lindijanice you seem to be doing really well. What great news too to hear you’ve inspired a sceptical healthcare practitioner too ! No doubt other low carbers going to her in the future will get support from her based on some evidence - great news and well done you.
Hi Shelley, just happened to glance at your 'statistics', wow, haven't you done well!!!!!!!!

KeithT 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The penny finally dropped for me after being diagnosed with T2 some 12 years ago. Although I have'nt totally eradicated carbs from my diet ( I think we need to balance what we eat) I have certainly eradicated those carbs that spike me high for more than an hour and I avoid carbs totally after 5 pm. I now only test for my fasting numbers and before bedtime and they have dropped from high single and double numbers to within the 4-6 mmo/l range. The danger we have with cutting out all carbs is sinking below 3 mmo/l. What we must remember is that getting consistently low/ "normal" numbers doesn't mean we are cured of this dreadful disease; it means we are managing it correctly. My nemesis is potato, rice, pasta and pastry. I have bread sometimes for lunch but have the rest of the day to work it off. Thankfully I love all vegetables and meat and find root vegetables like parsnips don't spike me. Roast potatoes have become a luxury to be eaten in small amounts on special occasions. Good luck with your plan and may you always stay safe.

Reactions: lindijanice