A Template for Debates - Carnivore vs Vegan

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It was refreshing to watch 2 heavy weights discuss sensibly topics concerning diametrically opposed positions. No insults or cheap shots. I / possibly we, need more of this, as there is much which can be learned by having both low carb / keto / carnivore and vegan experts state their cases. My preference is meat with veg and sometimes just meat, but I am always personally happy to hear other views.

As an aside this is what motivates me (183.7 kg) - Dr Shawn Baker is a machine doing this for 20, in comparison I have done 1 for 170 kg.

D

Deleted member 308541

Having worked in both the retail and wholesale meat industry for thirty years, and I have eaten meat since I was a kid and have no intention of changing now.

Go carnivores... :D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think there is an argument from both camps because even though I am a carnivore, because only protein, with a side of salad vegetables, are the only food I can tolerate.

I always remember that, you should always have food and drink in moderation, as this will include everything you need nutritionally.
However, being weird, I could never be vegan, my tastes and lifestyle just won't allow it! But, those who are vegan, have every right to be that way. If it makes you healthy, why not?
Just for those vegan followers who cannot understand why i am the way I am.
A lot of (cooked) vegetables make me really ill, root vegetables are like poison to me, too much, and my blood glucose levels rocket, which is the last thing I can cope with!
Weird but true!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you plant things you can eat, other things will turn up with the same idea - granted some of them will be things like slugs and snails - or caterpillars, but there are people and things which like them too. I would not mind smaller cauliflowers due to their leaves being eaten if it fattened up the chickens.
To my mind, a mixture of plant and animal is the ideal, it minimizes waste, maximizes the useful output of land, and seems to nourish all things well.

Reactions: Mbaker

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just to clarify, my post was mainly about calm debate for once in this area; not specifically which method is best. I have watched so many slanging matches which is not helpful to anyone in either of the camps.

Where there was commonality this was specified quickly, and neither side tried to dominate.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My preference is meat with veg
Mmmm! contrasting yet complementary flavours, textures and colours with a complete range of nutrients, why has nobody thought of this before?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Having worked in both the retail and wholesale meat industry for thirty years, and I have eaten meat since I was a kid and have no intention of changing now.

Go carnivores... :D
Do they have a footie team ?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
You have to remember that a truly vegan diet can cause low B12 levels, particularly relevant in pregnant women.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ha! That is a good one. Of course South Australians are called Crow Eaters but perhaps that is just the carnivorous ones !!
Funny how there are no Collingwood Carnivores or Richmond Raptors in that State which plays aerial ping-pong!!

D

Deleted member 308541

Ha! That is a good one. Of course South Australians are called Crow Eaters but perhaps that is just the carnivorous ones !!
Funny how there are no Collingwood Carnivores or Richmond Raptors in that State which plays aerial ping-pong!!
There's no Vite Vite Vegans playing it either...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to clarify, my post was mainly about calm debate for once in this area; not specifically which method is best. I have watched so many slanging matches which is not helpful to anyone in either of the camps.

Where there was commonality this was specified quickly, and neither side tried to dominate.

I hear you.
There is so much antagonism out there.
It always puzzles me why people feel the need to justify their own stance by bashing people who do things differently.
That isn’t justification, it is bigotry.

Reactions: briped