Anti-scream thread

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's been a bit stressful over the past few days - I had a phone call from someone from my past threatening suicide if I couldn't help them. I can't help them - they have mental problems I can't even begin to help with.

So, I needed to relax. The Husband is happy watching Top Gear and I'm so not in that place. I mooched around my music and now have "Spiegel im Spiegel" on repeat in my headphones. Am totally blissed out and can cope with anything.

What de-stresses you?

Reactions: 9 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I can empty my mind anytime. It's not difficult, I'm a bloke.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Shar67

Swimming, front crawl one way, back stroke coming back, all worries disappear. Walking, or cleaning, especially bathroom.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swimming, front crawl one way, back stroke coming back, all worries disappear. Walking, or cleaning, especially bathroom.

Yep - swimming is lovely - the trouble is that I have to swim in the sea. Pools just don't do it for me - too much "other people's phlegm" (sorry) for me! I caught glandular fever from a swimming pool in Germany when I was young and just NO!

@urbanracer - yes, I think I married one of you!

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Trees! That is walking in the woodland behind our house every day. Beautiful in every season

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pic to follow, I'm just off to bed, am on my tablet.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Walking the dog with my headphones on and listening to my bountiful range of great soul, northern soul and Motown.
And in nice weather like today, laid out in the back garden, reading and music.

Distressing is so important because of the working week and all the chores and the care for the wife and family!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Big expectations - don't let me down!
Good morning, here are a couple of pics taken of sparrowhawk and bluetits in our back garden, in them you can see the wood which backs onto our garden. These were taken last year with our ancient camera which was compatable with our software, before we upgraded to windows 10. If you are a good patient girl:rolleyes: I'll ask my son to bring his camera which is compatable with w10 to take some photos of inside the wood as I don't have any from inside, there is a tiny little loch with swans and ducks I'll get him to take a couple of photos there too. Hope these photos give you a idea of their beauty!

Attachments

• DSCN0453.JPG
    DSCN0453.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN0554.JPG
    DSCN0554.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 071213 001.JPG
    071213 001.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 230

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, here are a couple of pics taken of sparrowhawk and bluetits in our back garden, in them you can see the wood which backs onto our garden. These were taken last year with our ancient camera which was compatable with our software, before we upgraded to windows 10. If you are a good patient girl:rolleyes: I'll ask my son to bring his camera which is compatable with w10 to take some photos of inside the wood as I don't have any from inside, there is a tiny little loch with swans and ducks I'll get him to take a couple of photos there too. Hope these photos give you a idea of their beauty!

Oh, you didn't let me down - they're lovely! I'm very jealous of your view. We live on the side of a huge roundabout which people treat as Brand's Hatch!

As for being patient... hmm... OK, it seems like you're as good as your word! As for Windows 10 - we're too scared to bite the bullet!

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

What a gorgeous view! And that's a lovely woodpecker in the garden with the bluetits, too.

D

debrasue

I have so many ways to destress, it's a wonder I ever get stressed at all! :)

Swimming
Reading (especially in the garden when the weather's nice, @nosher8355)
Sitting in the garden early on a summer evening, listening to the birdsong and then watching the sun go down - I don't believe anybody could be stressed after that!
Drawing and painting
Lying down and listening to classical music (preferably with the smell of white lilies in the background)
Reading bedtime stories to my grandchildren
Listening to their pretend play
Watching the birds (especially on a sunny Spring morning when they all have chicks to feed)
Browsing around farm shops
Watering the garden
Spending time with friends who make me laugh
Surfing the 'net
Lying in bed on a Sunday morning listening to pheasants calling in the field
Lying in bed late at night listening to the tawny owls calling in the moonlight
Listening to woodpigeons
Listening to the church bells (we have a church nearby)
Thunderstorms
Listening to rain falling on the conservatory roof
.............and reading these Forums!
:)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sitting in the garden early on a summer evening, listening to the birdsong and then watching the sun go down - I don't believe anybody could be stressed after that!

A particular favourite of mine - but as an added bonus at this time of the year, I can watch the local bat population doing aerobatics at sunset. Wonderful and strangely restful.

When I was young and foolish, I used to find certain types of herbal cigarettes very restful but nowadays it's more likely to be single malt Scotch that does the job. :)

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What a gorgeous view! And that's a lovely woodpecker in the garden with the bluetits, too.
We were watching and listening to a woodpecker during our walk this morning, until two women with their (barking) dogs came along. We get lots of them in our garden too I have a better picture somewhere

S

Sable_Jan

And a rainbow

S

Sable_Jan

Swimming
Reading (especially in the garden when the weather's nice, @nosher8355)
Drawing and painting
Lying down and listening to classical music (preferably with the smell of white lilies in the background)
Reading bedtime stories to my grandchildren
Listening to their pretend play
Watching the birds (especially on a sunny Spring morning when they all have chicks to feed)
Browsing around farm shops
Watering the garden
Spending time with friends who make me laugh
Surfing the 'net
Lying in bed on a Sunday morning listening to pheasants calling in the field
Lying in bed late at night listening to the tawny owls calling in the moonlight
Listening to woodpigeons
Listening to the church bells (we have a church nearby)
Thunderstorms
Listening to rain falling on the conservatory roof
.............and reading these Forums!
:)
Wow!! You don't have time to be stressed