Anti-scream thread

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a bunch of hippies! I had no idea! I'm feeling chilled just by being in your presence, man!

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

I have another one - mountains, I always find them exhilarating and calming, all at the same time.

And, bizarrely, since I retired, I have found it strangely relaxing to lie in a soft, warm bed on a freezing cold winter's morning, watching the car headlights of all the poor people driving to work in the hammering rain.

:)

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

I have another one - mountains, I always find them exhilarating and calming, all at the same time.

And, bizarrely, since I retired, I have found it strangely relaxing to lie in a soft, warm bed on a freezing cold winter's morning, watching the car headlights of all the poor people driving to work in the hammering rain.

Strange that should be so relaxing.
Much as I hate shopping walking into an air conditioned supermarket when it's baking hot outside is very relaxing....can feel my body sensing the relief

Reactions: 4 people
N

NicolaB70

Listening to the rain on my conservatory roof and just watching rain is relaxing and soothing. Also just watching the clouds slowly floating through the sky is another. I'm not a Robbie Williams fan but a few years back he was at Knebworth, which is a stones throw from me and I remember laying in a hot bubble bath with the window wide open, The light off and a tea candle lit, listening to him sing Angels as clear as bells and the crowds cheering and singing. Now that was relaxing

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

D

debrasue

Listening to the rain on my conservatory roof and just watching rain is relaxing and soothing. Also just watching the clouds slowly floating through the sky is another. I'm not a Robbie Williams fan but a few years back he was at Knebworth, which is a stones throw from me and I remember laying in a hot bubble bath with the window wide open, The light off and a tea candle lit, listening to him sing Angels as clear as bells and the crowds cheering and singing. Now that was relaxing

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app
Love the Angels story.....

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness

At the moment I'm sitting half way up a mountain, well it felt like a mountain walking up it, with a glorious view over Aberfoyle in the near distance pine forests in the far distance, the Lake of Monteith sparkling waaaay down below, I wish that you were all here, it is so beautiful and peaceful. My soul is calm - Ohmmmmm!

S

Sable_Jan

At the moment I'm sitting half way up a mountain, well it felt like a mountain walking up it, with a glorious view over Aberfoyle in the near distance pine forests in the far distance, the Lake of Monteith sparkling waaaay down below, I wish that you were all here, it is so beautiful and peaceful. My soul is calm - Ohmmmmm!
Oh, you conveyed that peace perfectly

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, for mopping the kitchen floor, I need a little info to get into my inner cleaning lady, cause I want to start liking it so it will be super clean..:)

- what kind of floor do you have?
- what kind of mop / mechanism do you use?

I must be doing something wrong to my ceramic tile kitchen/bathroom/downstairs rec room floors

Haha! It started when I cleaned for people back when a student. Did 4 hours a day, twice a week for a lady with MS.
Used to like getting the bathroom to a hotel shine, and the kitchen floor too.
The house we are in has textured tiles in the kitchen. Not nearly as satisfying as those old black and white tiles were...
And the smell has to be right.
Every heard of Zoflora? http://www.zoflora.co.uk/ Bet you haven't. Brilliant stuff. Comes in about 8 lovely scents. Not v eco friendly, I suspect, but just a drop of Rose, Lavender, or Citrus... lovely.
Ordinary mop back then. Now I use a microfibre pad, and then steam the floor occasionally.

But I don't want to give you the impression I am some Domestic Goddess. Just because mopping the floor sends me to the zone, doesn't mean I actually get to the zone very often. :D

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have so many ways to destress, it's a wonder I ever get stressed at all! :)

Swimming
Reading (especially in the garden when the weather's nice, @nosher8355)
Sitting in the garden early on a summer evening, listening to the birdsong and then watching the sun go down - I don't believe anybody could be stressed after that!
Drawing and painting
Lying down and listening to classical music (preferably with the smell of white lilies in the background)
Reading bedtime stories to my grandchildren
Listening to their pretend play
Watching the birds (especially on a sunny Spring morning when they all have chicks to feed)
Browsing around farm shops
Watering the garden
Spending time with friends who make me laugh
Surfing the 'net
Lying in bed on a Sunday morning listening to pheasants calling in the field
Lying in bed late at night listening to the tawny owls calling in the moonlight
Listening to woodpigeons
Listening to the church bells (we have a church nearby)
Thunderstorms
Listening to rain falling on the conservatory roof
.............and reading these Forums!

Wow'ser, what a life eh @debrasue no wonder you are always cheerful and a warm genuine person - you are so chilled you must be horizontal! Good on you, I'm jealous ;)

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we all need a group hug, now - you lot are my saviours and I love you all! Thank you for taking this thread and running with it (even if you are just chilled-out groovy hippies!)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, Brunneria,

went to the website and tho the stuff sounds good,they conveniently do not mention any ingredients whatsoever.

Yup. I expect it is toxic waste. But a tiny bottle lasts months, using less than a capful a time. Lol

D

debrasue

Haha! It started when I cleaned for people back when a student. Did 4 hours a day, twice a week for a lady with MS.
Used to like getting the bathroom to a hotel shine, and the kitchen floor too.
The house we are in has textured tiles in the kitchen. Not nearly as satisfying as those old black and white tiles were...
And the smell has to be right.
Every heard of Zoflora? http://www.zoflora.co.uk/ Bet you haven't. Brilliant stuff. Comes in about 8 lovely scents. Not v eco friendly, I suspect, but just a drop of Rose, Lavender, or Citrus... lovely.
Ordinary mop back then. Now I use a microfibre pad, and then steam the floor occasionally.

But I don't want to give you the impression I am some Domestic Goddess. Just because mopping the floor sends me to the zone, doesn't mean I actually get to the zone very often. :D
Oh gosh - I remember Zoflora! I used to use it all the time about 20 years ago, but then must have stopped for some reason and forgot all about it. I must get some more - I loved the smell of it.

D

debrasue

I think we all need a group hug, now - you lot are my saviours and I love you all! Thank you for taking this thread and running with it (even if you are just chilled-out groovy hippies!)

article-0-11AA3F21000005DC-685_964x674.jpg

Reactions: 6 people