1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anti-scream thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pink_Minx, Jun 5, 2016.

1. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pink_Minx

Pink_Minx Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh, the GSD looks so confused! I'm glad there are a few of us who are old enough to know better but don't care!

• Like Like x 6
  3. eddie1968

eddie1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don't worry about anything really. Since surviving critical illnesses in 2009 and 2012 I don't waste calories worrying anymore. I'm just glad to be here and seeing the view outside is enough. I keep life simple, am easily pleased and any goals in my life are basic and easy to achieve. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 13lizanne

Thought you might enjoy some more pics from woodland. These are from our holiday last week in Southern Scotland - pics from our morning walks and last pic view from our accommodation @Pink_Minx there wasn't a sound at night since we were in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking of you and wishing for you the same silence

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Very relaxing. My friend stays on the borders, Wauchope Cottages. Dog friendly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. 13lizanne

Yes, that area is a bit south of where we stay but our accommodation welcomes dogs too. It's so peaceful Jan and ideal for walkers - both 2 and 4 footed varieties

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pink_Minx

Oh, @13lizanne - that is so beautiful! We were just talking about going to Scotland for a holiday quickly in case another referendum means we'll need a visa to get there! Hope you had an amazing holiday.

Also, thank you for thinking of me at night (I think! )

ps - downstairs idiot has been loads better with noise, so I'm thinking my husband had an effect!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

They're best of buddies, no fighting in MY bed

9. Pink_Minx

I have the same rule!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

@chris lowe sometimes has to referee bedroom fistypaws between the cats

11. Pink_Minx

Oh, I miss having a cat...

• Like Like x 2
  12. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

They've been at it this afternoon. Alfie dares to try & sit in the bay window with her, she hisses & spits & they're off. Up the stairs, she dives under my dressing table & we can hear Alfie banging on the floor as he tries to get at her.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Never had one but my friend now has 8 , 6 of which are rescued

14. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Can't get more of an anti scream than this. 7.9 pre dinner, 5.1 post.
    I made some date and walnut cakes and although I used Total Sweet (xylitol so must remember not to let dogs have any) I'd been licking at the mixture on my fingers after scraping off spatula ... and a few more bits fell into my mouth...
    Hungry now and fancy a bit of said cake but it's homemade fish cakes for tea.....so best not

15. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

feeling a little stressy as we have five dogs so can not go on holliday unless have a caravan.....hubby decided we having one even though he does not drive....so guess who got to tow it, went out yesterday and bought a caravan it wont be ready till next week then i got to get it to my mums house as I have no drive big enough to put it on.........was not diabetic when i used to tow before so naturaly am feeling arghhhhhhhh...Rant over

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine as you have towed before.
    Wauchope Cottages on the Scottish Borders are nice and DO take dogs, lots of dogs, BIG dogs

17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

PS @PatsyB check that the caravan site accepts dogs

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook