13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
My lovely husband created that tunnel and cut the tops off of the foliage directly behind our fence 3 yrs ago when I was recovering from an op and septicaemia so that I could still walk a little way into the woodland, put the gate in too. He has to get his ladder out every few weeks during the growing season to keep it trimmed. Uses hand shears nothing electrical. He's a star! @Pink_Minx

Reactions: 2 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My lovely husband created that tunnel and cut the tops off of the foliage directly behind our fence 3 yrs ago when I was recovering from an op and septicaemia so that I could still walk a little way into the woodland, put the gate in too. He has to get his ladder out every few weeks during the growing season to keep it trimmed. Uses hand shears nothing electrical. He's a star! @Pink_Minx

He sounds like it! I'm in the middle of a strop-off with mine at the moment. Let's just say the idiot downstairs kicked off all night again last night and tempers are a bit frayed due to lack of sleep!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh lord, there is nothing worse than noisy neighbours. Despite there being only five houses in our lane, at one point there were 2 lots of teenagers and 1 set of adults who all liked playing loud music the teenagers when their parents were out and the adults who partied every weekend. You have my deep and sincere sympathies.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh lord, there is nothing worse than noisy neighbours. Despite there being only five houses in our lane, at one point there were 2 lots of teenagers and 1 set of adults who all liked playing loud music the teenagers when their parents were out and the adults who partied every weekend. You have my deep and sincere sympathies.

Thank you! We live in a converted Victorian house, divided into four flats. We're in the top one and the noisy ones are below us. The ones on the ground floor have bedrooms in an extension so don't get the full whammy of the noise. Music, slamming doors, idiot friends, piano, water hammers, shouting and INCREDIBLY loud sex!

Ohmmmm, where's the scented candles, beautiful views and GIN?! And... relax... (I know that looks like a fart, but it's supposed to be an exhalation of breath!)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I didn't know whether to rate your post hug or funny( the fart) When we lived in Edinburgh we lived in a Victorian conversion flat like yours, we were in a ground floor conversion and had high ceilings with little insulation between the ceilings and wooden floors upstairs. We too had a very loud couple above our bedroom ceiling, most disconcerting! Seems people are the same no matter where you live.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't know whether to rate your post hug or funny( the fart) When we lived in Edinburgh we lived in a Victorian conversion flat like yours, we were in a ground floor conversion and had high ceilings with little insulation between the ceilings and wooden floors upstairs. We too had a very loud couple above our bedroom ceiling, most disconcerting! Seems people are the same no matter where you live.

How about a hug until one of us farts?!

I'm too old to be sharing space with such idiots! Does anyone feel like giving me a lot of money so we can move? Pretty please?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do you have any very elderly, very rich relatives ready to bequeath their riches to you? No, well just to cheer you I hear similar stories (about problem neighbours) from my friends who live in a variety of places, busy and isolated. It doesn't seem to matter how posh the location is society is just different to when I was a child, people seemed to be more respectful of others rights then. Or, am I just getting older and grumpier? The hug sounds good don't know about the consequences of a long one though xx

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you! We live in a converted Victorian house, divided into four flats. We're in the top one and the noisy ones are below us. The ones on the ground floor have bedrooms in an extension so don't get the full whammy of the noise. Music, slamming doors, idiot friends, piano, water hammers, shouting and INCREDIBLY loud sex!

Ohmmmm, where's the scented candles, beautiful views and GIN?! And... relax... (I know that looks like a fart, but it's supposed to be an exhalation of breath!)
You've just relaxed me making me laugh with the breath/fart

S

Sable_Jan

How about a hug until one of us farts?!

I'm too old to be sharing space with such idiots! Does anyone feel like giving me a lot of money so we can move? Pretty please?
Feeling like it is one thing; being able to do it another

S

Sable_Jan

Do you have any very elderly, very rich relatives ready to bequeath their riches to you? No, well just to cheer you I hear similar stories (about problem neighbours) from my friends who live in a variety of places, busy and isolated. It doesn't seem to matter how posh the location is society is just different to when I was a child, people seemed to be more respectful of others rights then. Or, am I just getting older and grumpier? The hug sounds good don't know about the consequences of a long one though xx
Music equipment just wasn't able to go that loud

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Music equipment just wasn't able to go that loud

Quite. He's also "writing" his own music. At top volume. And he's not talented.

My husband has arranged to talk with him about it tonight. Wish us luck - this is unhinging us.

Thanks for the support guys - the solidarity helps. (Even if you won't donate large sums of money!)

D

debrasue

oops I posted before I had uploaded all the pics here are the others from inside the woodland, hope there are not too many
Wow!! You are so lucky, Anna - what a beautiful place to live! (Although it must take a lot of courage to scramble through that 'tunnel' to get to the woodland - aren't there a lot of ..... erm.....bugs living in there???) :eek:
I'm sure the woods make up for it, though.
:)

D

debrasue

I like to listen to music, walking is a good a de-stresser, especially the countryside, rivers and beaches too. At the moment, with a new man in my life :) he makes me smile and I look forward to seeing him, which is a lovely feeling that I haven't had for well over a decade :happy:
Tell us more about the new man @Robinredbreast - sounds very interesting!

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wow!! You are so lucky, Anna - what a beautiful place to live! (Although it must take a lot of courage to scramble through that 'tunnel' to get to the woodland - aren't there a lot of ..... erm.....bugs living in there???) :eek:
I'm sure the woods make up for it, though.
:)
It's wider than it looks :). :)

Reactions: 3 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite. He's also "writing" his own music. At top volume. And he's not talented.

My husband has arranged to talk with him about it tonight. Wish us luck - this is unhinging us.

Thanks for the support guys - the solidarity helps. (Even if you won't donate large sums of money!)

The talk happened but he kept Hubs waiting over an hour for him. He couldn't believe we had a problem with his noise. Hubs was v angry so we went for a walk so he could vent. Ended up in a restaurant and had sea bream with a rather nice red. Much calmer by the time we got back home!

Let's see what happens... I can hear him now "composing" another masterpiece.

Need more calm... need more calm...

S

Sable_Jan

The talk happened but he kept Hubs waiting over an hour for him. He couldn't believe we had a problem with his noise. Hubs was v angry so we went for a walk so he could vent. Ended up in a restaurant and had sea bream with a rather nice red. Much calmer by the time we got back home!

Let's see what happens... I can hear him now "composing" another masterpiece.
emoji849.png

Need more calm... need more calm...
Do you rent or own your flat? Not being nosy just wondering if you could get insulation between the floors. Seen them doing it on Homes Under the Hammer when converting into new flats cos its building regs now