Anti-scream thread

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you rent or own your flat? Not being nosy just wondering if you could get insulation between the floors. Seen them doing it on Homes Under the Hammer when converting into new flats cos its building regs now

We own the flat - it's part of a Victorian house, so sound really travels. I hadn't heard of insulating between floors - will investigate - thanks very much!

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

We own the flat - it's part of a Victorian house, so sound really travels. I hadn't heard of insulating between floors - will investigate - thanks very much!
No probs..... hope you can, that its not too expensive, and it works well......

S

Sable_Jan

Phew!! Relief. Counted stitches as I was knitting the row. 129, checked pattern....139....count again....139 phew, breathe again cos there's about 9" done so far. That's what happens when you watch football and knit....
Knitting IS generally relaxing....

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew!! Relief. Counted stitches as I was knitting the row. 129, checked pattern....139....count again....139 phew, breathe again cos there's about 9" done so far. That's what happens when you watch football and knit....
Knitting IS generally relaxing....

Sorry, not a lot of sympathy - step away from the football!

What are you making?

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry, not a lot of sympathy - step away from the football!

What are you making?
1465747518403.jpg
1465747525439.jpg

These at the moment. The jumper was the dropped stitches then the doing half a row wrong.
The crochet is just dog bedding that will need repairing every wash with the two that it's for by hey ho, I'm not leaving them without.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Indeed. I missed that tasty morsel. Come on @Robinredbreast - dish the dirt! (I'd say spill the beans, but beans are way too carby!)

We're waiting...

He's a man :rolleyes: 8 years older, widowed and totally bonkers about me lol We met about 6 weeks ago, so very early days yet, but enjoying having a man in my life after being on my own for over a decade, even though it is a bit strange and I have to keep remembering that it is not just me any more ( memo :- I am not a singleton, I am not a singleton lol) So there you go :D x

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

He's a man :rolleyes: 8 years older, widowed and totally bonkers about me lol We met about 6 weeks ago, so very early days yet, but enjoying having a man in my life after being on my own for over a decade, even though it is a bit strange and I have to keep remembering that it is not just me any more ( memo :- I am not a singleton, I am not a singleton lol) So there you go :D x
This is fantastic news! It's wonderful that you're so happy and enjoying each other's company so much. Delighted for you!
Hugs xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Robinredbreast - woohoo! That's really lovely news. I'm so pleased for you. Enjoy it all!

I'm filled with the warm and fuzzies - might have to hug my husband!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where did his name come from? I suspect he had a very warm tummy in winter

I really don't know where it came from - I just looked at him and knew his name was Spango! My MIL gave him to me and he's the best present from her ever! Yes, he had a lovely warm tummy in the winter and he's so huggable!

Erm, he has a few friends...

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1465750977.189034.jpg

But to be fair the bunnies were presents for my Mum so they're not with us any more.

(You wouldn't believe my next birthday begins with a 5, would you?! )

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

I really don't know where it came from - I just looked at him and knew his name was Spango! My MIL gave him to me and he's the best present from her ever! Yes, he had a lovely warm tummy in the winter and he's so huggable!

View attachment 19443

But to be fair the bunnies were presents for my Mum so they're not with us any more.

I would. Mine starts with a 5 and I've a GSD puppy and a wolf on mine. Photo is on my Hudl tho
Bagpuss x 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

View attachment 19443

I have a bunny on my bed and when I press his chest, I can feel 4 heartbeats. Also a teddy holding a little teddy (a recent present), plus I have a Bagpuss too, my grown up daughter gave him to me years ago. He talks and say's, in a saggy old cloth cat Bagpuss way, "It's rather nice to have a cuddle" :)

, this is definitely an anti - scream :happy:

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a bunny on my bed and when I press his chest, I can feel 4 heartbeats. Also a teddy holding a little teddy (a recent present), plus I have a Bagpuss too, my grown up daughter gave him to me years ago. He talks and say's, in a saggy old cloth cat Bagpuss way, "It's rather nice to have a cuddle" :)

, this is definitely an anti - scream :happy:

Yes, mine says that as well! I love the sound of the bunny!

Bagpuss is one-off my heroes - remember the story of the haggis? It still brings a tear to my eye!

Happily de-stressed...

Reactions: 4 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Without hesitation a really good horror film whilst stroking a cat !.. Preferably a Bengal but any feline will surfice !