Apple Cider Vinegar ******* good or bad??

anderson3000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, recently I succumbed to an advert for Apple Cider Vinegar *******....they have no added sugar however they do have a hefty amount of carb in them. Do the benefits out way the negatives?? Has anyone tried them? They taste gorgeous...therefore are seriously dangerous (in that it is easy to eat alot of them)
Recommended 2 a day, each ***** has 3.5g carb in them...but also has a whole heap of good stuff in them (allegedly)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, recently I succumbed to an advert for Apple Cider Vinegar *******....they have no added sugar however they do have a hefty amount of carb in them. Do the benefits out way the negatives?? Has anyone tried them? They taste gorgeous...therefore are seriously dangerous (in that it is easy to eat alot of them)
Recommended 2 a day, each ***** has 3.5g carb in them...but also has a whole heap of good stuff in them (allegedly)
@anderson3000 you will probably get a number of differing opinions to this depending on how many carbs individuals are consuming. For some members 7g of carbs is nearly half, or all, of their daily consumption and they would probably not consider them whereas for others, such as myself, who consume up to 130g per day it is a fairly low amount. The choice is yours - if I wanted to try them I would test to see what effect they had on my blood sugar so I could make an informed decision as to whether or not the benefits are worth it.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar#section4

I would weary about how much of the supposed benefits of apple cider viniger translate into the ***** products.

Most of the benefit is supposed to come from the fact that its fairly acidic which is not the cast if its been made more basic for a "sweet apple flavor".

Taken with a meal its supposed to have some benefit but im not convinced when mead into sweets, if you look at the website it does not even mention any health benefits (probably because it would be illegal to do so) it only makes sweeping statements about the perceived benefits of apple cider without explicitly stating those benifits are found in the *******:

"
RARE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR QUALITY

Apple cider vinegar has been enjoyed in foods for it's benefits and flavouring for centuries. Originating in what is today known as Scandinavia the Vikings (Normans) settling in Normandy and the British Isles introduced the apple based cider and cider vinegar. The apple cider vinegar in this ***** is produced by selecting and picking apples, which are then cold pressed into must. This fresh must Is again fermented into vinegar by adding "Mother of vinegar" - an acetic acid bacteria. The apple cider vinegar is freeze dried into a fine powder which forms the base for the manufacturing of the New Nordlc Apple Cider vinegar *****. This careful process is your guarantee for a consistent unnorm quallty where the wonderful natural constituents ara preserved."

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

If you feel that Cider Apple Vinegar is good for you then use it with your meals or diluted as a drink.
Why would you want a processed form where you just know they have put in some 'bad stuff' ?

Note: I don't use Cider Apple Vinegar any more often than I did before diagnosis. What I do use more of is Cinnamon - I just sprinkle it on some of my foods.
Simple !

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I would rather eat a lemon bon bon and at least get some enjoyment out of it.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Follow the money

Have them if you like them. You don't need to justify or feel guilty.
It's your money
It's your health
If we had a poll, I am guessing us low carbers would give them a no

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you'd be better off having a slosh of the vinegar mixed with olive oil on a nice healthy salad.

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The bottom line. ACV ******* found widespread popularity in the wellness community, but there's no evidence that they provide any health benefits. Claims that these supplements offer support with your blood sugar levels, weight loss goals, inflammation, detoxification, and energy levels remain unfounded.
There have been numerous studies that do back the benefits of apple cider vinegar on blood glucose - check out Jessie Inchausé/@Glucose Goddess - she explains the science and refers to the relevant research.

@anderson3000 The ******* do sound suspect and not worth wasting your carbs on - you could have 3 Cadbury Mini Eggs instead if you have 7.5g to spare!