Being taught all the wrong things

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Go talking in Aldi this morning to a Loughborough University studying nutrition. During our discussion he told me that eating fat was bad and would clog my arteries. Carbs give you energy and we should all eat to CICO. Sugar is not bad for you.

Told him that he was taught all the wrong things but he replied that his teacher knew best.

The future looks bleak.

Last edited:

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Go talking in Aldi this morning to a Loughborough University studying nutrition. During our discussion he told me that eating fat was bad and would clog my arteries. Carbs give you energy and we should all eat to CICO. Sugar is not bad for you.

Told him that he was taught all the wrong things but he replied that his teacher new best.

The future looks bleak.

Did your expect that the message would have got through so soon? It was only in 2017 and 2018 that S.Africa and Australia were still persecuting Tim Noakes and Gary Fetke for saying that Orthodox medicine had Fat and Carbs completely the wrong way around.
It has been estimated that after a false notion gains traction in medicine it takes approx. 50yrs for the truth to be widely accepted - even allowing for things speeding up in the 'internet age' we still have a very long way to go!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb has only been known about for maybe two centuries - and those advising it have been thoroughly dismissed as cranks by those who think they know better. Pity that there are many who could have benefited but have been misled by them.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Consensus is alive and well and living in cut price supermarkets. I sometimes wonder just how leeching died out :banghead:.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Told him that he was taught all the wrong things but he replied that his teacher new best.

The future looks bleak.

Yep my kids being taught this too, although the teacher did add his own view but seems must teach to the curriculum and current way of thinking.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have started a thred relating my experience today with my GP.

I need to low fat, and get my cholesterol to 4 or under. And not have much protein as its bad for my kidney.

and well done on the low carb sucess, but stop it now as its not healthy...........................................

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!..