Bernstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Fuggsy said:
Pot, Kettle, Black.

When you go away on Holiday, you took your metformin and starlix as you ate far too many carbs!!!

Luckily, some of us aren't of the Lemming Genus

Fuggsy, Hana has just replied to a thread about Berstein with her opinion on Bernstein.I do not think there is any need for a personal remark like that.Is this thread about Bernstein or is it just to disrespect the man?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
thanks Sue
AND Fuggsy
My idea of too many carbs is about a cubic inch of wedding cake or a bit of my grandchild's banana. I keep pretty tight EVEN when off the Wagon.
It doesn't affect my understanding of what I "Should" be doing.
I have always said I use Metformin.
I suspect I could manage a day or two without it, but probably not too long. I'm VERY insulin resistant
and Starlix is my sticking plaster. I use it rarely

Thirsty

Um, folks, wasn't this sub-forum created to help stop the bickering elsewhere?

Give it a rest, would you?

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
in fairness this forum was set up to stop this silly bickering and where people who dont low carb can discuss this low carbers have their own forum and shouldnt be trying to convert the non believers we are all trying our best and trying to find what helps us and this kind of bickering isnt helpful :roll:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Right!!Let's just nip this in the bud shall we!!While all members are entitled to their opinions I find it is counter-productive to any help or support to disrespect what other members do or do not do in regards to their diets.
Member who do not low carb may not like Bersteins methods but that is not reason to totally dismiss what others find works for them just as members who low carb should not dismiss those who can successfully control their diabetes with another method.this part of the forum was opened to discuss those other methods not to score silly childish points off each other.

ally5555

well sue maybe low carbers should be banned from here - i ahve been banned from the low carb forum havent I?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Ally,Hana answered the question in a pertinent manner ,after all the thread is about Bernstein.

ally5555

but isnt this supposed to be alternative diets - that in it self implies that low carb is the norm - or am I nitpicking!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
This thread is called Bernstein and that is what she has answered.

mullaneder

Dislikes
this forum should be called "i do not low carb diabetes diet forum " in the interest of fairness because if someone new visits the site you would think low carb is the norm and that anything else is an alternative

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
If new members read the ethos of this forum they will see what it is about.It is about ALL diabetics and ALL types of diets and control.

mullaneder

Dislikes
i dont think the word alternative should be in the title it is misleading

Doczoc

ally5555 said:
but isnt this supposed to be alternative diets - that in it self implies that low carb is the norm - or am I nitpicking!

Actually, that is a fair point!

Better run now before I'm stoned!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Yes I agree this is the alternative diet forum.But, I ask the question ,why then is there a thread here about Bernstein ,a noted low carber!?

ally5555

yes better or I will follow you to th low carb forum - maybe that should be the alternative diet.

well actually it was not advocating him!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Ally,I do not understand you post,could you clarify please?

davenol2

well i understand it cos doc said i better run before i am stoned so ally was responding to that.

and her other point was that the openingl posting was decrying bernstein not advocating him

ally5555

sue - come on it wasnt that difficult!

Now I think the low carbers should disappear and leave those who want to discuss other ways to do so. Sue no one goes on the low carb thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.