• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you doing now?
Frankly, I'm appalled that they seem to have handed out a pump to you and given you no support . Reading though your posts you seem to have quite a few issues with it :(

Cultivate the stamping of the wee feets on Monday, and get help from the clinic . You should not have to go through this without support from them :mad:

Signy

Reactions: 5 people
D

Deleted member 83869

How are you doing now?
Frankly, I'm appalled that they seem to have handed out a pump to you and given you no support . Reading though your posts you seem to have quite a few issues with it :(

Cultivate the stamping of the wee feets on Monday, and get help from the clinic . You should not have to go through this without support from them :mad:

Signy
I am doing great now! Blood is currently 6.4 but I am feeling very hungry! ha! Ahh I know it is all the NHS around this area seem to do they never have the time of day for you! Luckily @donnellysdogs is helping me out a tremendous amount and then I wont have to rely on them so much....not that I can anyway! But I shall be stamping my feet on Monday! x

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Nicola is making great progress...and proud of her for learning so quickly...
Be proud Nicola!!
Nicola should make biig progress this week....no doubt a hiccup may occur sometime, but really proud of her..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[:)QUOTE="NicolaAnne1994, post: 573435, member: 83869"]I am doing great now! Blood is currently 6.4 but I am feeling very hungry! ha! Ahh I know it is all the NHS around this area seem to do they never have the time of day for you! Luckily @donnellysdogs is helping me out a tremendous amount and then I wont have to rely on them so much....not that I can anyway! But I shall be stamping my feet on Monday! x[/QUOTE]

Great! I;m glad you're doing better :) Do you like sugar free jelly and cream by any chance ? Good for filling you up :) I'm so pleased that you have such good advice coming your way, it's really good to see that:happy:

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

Get yourself the book Pumping Insulin. Its written for diabetics who want a pump but not have any real guidance on how to use one.
Hopefully once youve got some of yr hourly basal rates correct to being somewhere near a good target, it starts to get a bit easier setting the rest.

D

Deleted member 83869

Get yourself the book Pumping Insulin. Its written for diabetics who want a pump but not have any real guidance on how to use one.
Hopefully once youve got some of yr hourly basal rates correct to being somewhere near a good target, it starts to get a bit easier setting the rest.

Okay i will do thank you!:) we have tweaked some of my basal rates so shall see how i go!:)

D

Deleted member 83869

[:)QUOTE="NicolaAnne1994, post: 573435, member: 83869"]I am doing great now! Blood is currently 6.4 but I am feeling very hungry! ha! Ahh I know it is all the NHS around this area seem to do they never have the time of day for you! Luckily @donnellysdogs is helping me out a tremendous amount and then I wont have to rely on them so much....not that I can anyway! But I shall be stamping my feet on Monday! x

Great! I;m glad you're doing better :) Do you like sugar free jelly and cream by any chance ? Good for filling you up :) I'm so pleased that you have such good advice coming your way, it's really good to see that:happy:

Signy[/QUOTE]

Yea i do haha but isnt cream carby? Or am i being stupid haha!x

iHs

Nicola

Accu chek give excellent customer service and have pump trained people to help you out over the phone.
If you google.....accu chek basal rate testing guide... youll be able to see an online video all about adjusting the rates.

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola

Accu chek give excellent customer service and have pump trained people to help you out over the phone.
If you google.....accu chek basal rate testing guide... youll be able to see an online video all about adjusting the rates.

Okay thank you! I searched that book and quite a few came up!?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Fairly bloody appalled at your treatment. Will your parents not get involved? Just read this post but if you were my daughter you'd have been in the car and on the way to A&E! Hope you feel better soon. Big hug!

D

Deleted member 83869

Fairly bloody appalled at your treatment. Will your parents not get involved? Just read this post but if you were my daughter you'd have been in the car and on the way to A&E! Hope you feel better soon. Big hug!
Ahhh don't get me started on my dad.....fair to say I've pretty much been abandoned by him! He would rather stay with his deranged bully of a girlfriend than care about his children.....sorry for that rant! And well as for my Mum she passed away when I was 10!

So I just have myself well and my boyfriend! x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ahhh don't get me started on my dad.....fair to say I've pretty much been abandoned by him! He would rather stay with his deranged bully of a girlfriend than care about his children.....sorry for that rant! And well as for my Mum she passed away when I was 10!

So I just have myself well and my boyfriend! x
Families are so complicated :( I remember falling out all the time with my mum when I was between 16-18. I now accept that sometimes she just opens her mouth without thinking and didn't realise how hurtful her comments could be. I guess that she was dealing with relationship issues with my dad and sometimes keeping it from me (to protect me) proved too much at times. Your dad is probably very worried about you and is trying not to show it. I'm sure he loves you very much. Your dad's girlfriend is in a very tricky position too although I don't know your situation or hers. It's always easier to see things deform a different perspective when you are not emotionally involved. Big hugs!!!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Nicola

Agree with accuchek help but they as far as I know cannot give you advice as to how much you should change basal rates or bolus's by.

Forum members can advise on a "this is what I would do basis" but as Accuchek have no access to your medical records etc, they can only advise on times of problems like set failures and pump failures. Not day to day advice to get your levels lower.

More important, is to get the hospital taking their responsibilities for training properly.....

D

Deleted member 83869

Families are so complicated :( I remember falling out all the time with my mum when I was between 16-18. I now accept that sometimes she just opens her mouth without thinking and didn't realise how hurtful her comments could be. I guess that she was dealing with relationship issues with my dad and sometimes keeping it from me (to protect me) proved too much at times. Your dad is probably very worried about you and is trying not to show it. I'm sure he loves you very much. Your dad's girlfriend is in a very tricky position too although I don't know your situation or hers. It's always easier to see things deform a different perspective when you are not emotionally involved. Big hugs!!!!!!
Yeah I guess that is true! And she only picks on me and worries about her troublesome children who don't bother going to school but they are apparently perfect despite the fact they are in trouble with the police etc! She only ever picks on me and hurts me, yet my Dad just stands back asnd lets it happen yet doesn't understand why I don't want to come back home! Even my Doctor said to stay away because it is affecting my health! He only wants to know me when he has no money :( xx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yeah I guess that is true! And she only picks on me and worries about her troublesome children who don't bother going to school but they are apparently perfect despite the fact they are in trouble with the police etc! She only ever picks on me and hurts me, yet my Dad just stands back asnd lets it happen yet doesn't understand why I don't want to come back home! Even my Doctor said to stay away because it is affecting my health! He only wants to know me when he has no money :( xx
Well perhaps it's because you aren't any trouble and it emphasises her own inadequacies. It's often easier to go on the attack than to face responsibilities. Your dad is probably ignoring it all as he feels unable to deal with it all and hopes that it will go away. Do you have your own place then? If so, can't you agree for your dad to visit you?

iHs

Agree with accuchek help but they as far as I know cannot give you advice as to how much you should change basal rates or bolus's by.

Forum members can advise on a "this is what I would do basis" but as Accuchek have no access to your medical records etc, they can only advise on times of problems like set failures and pump failures. Not day to day advice to get your levels lower.

More important, is to get the hospital taking their responsibilities for training properly.....

Agree.......Accu chek when a call is received regsrding the pump function, will contact the hospital DSN and get them to sort out the problem if needed. To Accu cheks credit, there is now an awful lot of info about the pump and how to use it safely , online, thats why I posted the link to their website that explains basal rate testing

D

Deleted member 83869

Well perhaps it's because you aren't any trouble and it emphasises her own inadequacies. It's often easier to go on the attack than to face responsibilities. Your dad is probably ignoring it all as he feels unable to deal with it all and hopes that it will go away. Do you have your own place then? If so, can't you agree for your dad to visit you?
That's what other people say too but it is just wrong...in my opinion and not fair! Sorry to be putting this all on you just feel i have to vent sometimes! And I am staying with my boyfriend for now until the council find me somewhere to live ! xx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good for you. You are young and in work and you should be proud that you have been able to make decisions for yourself.
I left home a month before 16 as I got a trainee manager job at tesco and although nothing to do with parent trouble, it did me good and I never looked back.

Its hard to have parent troubles, it does seem unfair, but in reality you seem to be a bright young girl and should give yourself credit that taking a step away from your troubles, and having a job too (when so many teenagers don't) and changing to a pump will stand you in good stead for your future years.

No point being annoyed with other people when they think they are perfect. Far better, to think of yourself and how you can make your own life better.

Reactions: 5 people