Blood is 31.1 again!!! Help?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Good for you. You are young and in work and you should be proud that you have been able to make decisions for yourself.
I left home a month before 16 as I got a trainee manager job at tesco and although nothing to do with parent trouble, it did me good and I never looked back.

Its hard to have parent troubles, it does seem unfair, but in reality you seem to be a bright young girl and should give yourself credit that taking a step away from your troubles, and having a job too (when so many teenagers don't) and changing to a pump will stand you in good stead for your future years.

No point being annoyed with other people when they think they are perfect. Far better, to think of yourself and how you can make your own life better.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I do try and tell myself that I am doing right but it is so hard sometimes! Thank you all though xx

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
This is a great place to let off steam about anything!!

Have you completed an application form for council?
I helped a male friend years sgo to get a council flat, and did it by mentioning his ulcerative colitis.

If you talk to council or anybody mention you have a pump etc and that you cannot live in private shared renting due to the necessity that nobody has access to your needles, cannulas or insulin etc...and you need to have a fridge for your insulin that cannot be tampered with by strangers...x

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

This is a great place to let off steam about anything!!

Have you completed an application form for council?
I helped a male friend years sgo to get a council flat, and did it by mentioning his ulcerative colitis.

If you talk to council or anybody mention you have a pump etc and that you cannot live in private shared renting due to the necessity that nobody has access to your needles, cannulas or insulin etc...and you need to have a fridge for your insulin that cannot be tampered with by strangers...x

Yes I did that in February to be then told that they wasn't assessing applications until March and hadn't been doing so since August 2013! My Doctor had included a letter to the council stating that I couldn't no longer live in a 3 bedroom house with 10 people as I am at risk of infection etc! So hopefully that may help! I just want my own privacy and stability

iHs

I would try if you can Nicola, to live with either a friend or with yr boyfriend. If ever you are not ok during the night like hypo......it helps to not live on yr own

D

Deleted member 83869

I would try if you can Nicola, to live with either a friend or with yr boyfriend. If ever you are not ok during the night like hypo......it helps to not live on yr own

I am living with my boyfriend now!:) and when i do eventually get a council place he will be coming with me!:)

iHs

That's good Nicola. I left home when I was 22 and got a 2 bed maisonette with a housing trust. Initially, my brother was going to share it with me, but in the end, my boyfriend moved in and we both saved up enough money to use as a deposit to buy our own home

D

Deleted member 83869

That's good Nicola. I left home when I was 22 and got a 2 bed maisonette with a housing trust. Initially, my brother was going to share it with me, but in the end, my boyfriend moved in and we both saved up enough money to use as a deposit to buy our own home

That's not too bad then :) It's a nightmare to find somewhere around here in London/Essex and it is also being able to afford it too! :(

iHs

Have a look in yellow pages or word of mouth for housing trusts. You might find that there is a very long waiting list for council accommodation and you could be waiting forever. A lot depends on the area where you live and how populated it is. Housing trusts are best bet or even renting through a landlord

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Have a look in yellow pages or word of mouth for housing trusts. You might find that there is a very long waiting list for council accommodation and you could be waiting forever. A lot depends on the area where you live and how populated it is. Housing trusts are best bet or even renting through a landlord

Tried all of them in my area and most of them either have no where or require you to be on the council housing list! *sigh*

iHs

I live in west london but once lived in East Essex. East Essex might be cheaper or even Suffolk or South Norfolk. Loads of landlords now all over the country so renting is an option

iHs

No I dont know Dagenham just Gants Hill, but I do know of a family that moved to west london from that area. Try Catalyst to see if they can help. The good old Oyster card can get you everywhere and west londoners have the underground and the buses

D

Deleted member 83869

No I dont know Dagenham just Gants Hill, but I do know of a family that moved to west london from that area. Try Catalyst to see if they can help. The good old Oyster card can get you everywhere and west londoners have the underground and the buses

Gants hill is very close to me haha! And yes i love my oyster card! I will have a look into that tomorrow or later on thank you :) x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Nicola

Follow up housing with Council. Tell them you have had to move out from your home and reiterate about pump, needles and insulin...
If they were evalyating again after March then they should be able to give you an update considering its end of June!!
Tell them your circumstances and that you have full GP backing that they seem to have ignored. You need priority due to your medical needs...

You're doing great...and always follow up these people that are in positions and responsibility to help vulnerable adults..you are vulnerable due to your health needs... Tell them that it not your fault you need a fridge and room to yourself.. Its your genes...and that as a vulneable young adult with medical needs (and not pregnant) that you would appreciate their assistance...x

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola

Follow up housing with Council. Tell them you have had to move out from your home and reiterate about pump, needles and insulin...
If they were evalyating again after March then they should be able to give you an update considering its end of June!!
Tell them your circumstances and that you have full GP backing that they seem to have ignored. You need priority due to your medical needs...

You're doing great...and always follow up these people that are in positions and responsibility to help vulnerable adults..you are vulnerable due to your health needs... Tell them that it not your fault you need a fridge and room to yourself.. Its your genes...and that as a vulneable young adult with medical needs (and not pregnant) that you would appreciate their assistance...x

I shall be sending them a stroppy email tomorrow morning then hah! x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
A nicely termed stroppy email yes!!!

If you want to send me a copy of it first, you have my email address..then it can be checked by an older stroppy woman!!-lol...

Nicola,
Sometimes, sadly, you have to be a nice, persistant, persuasive stroppy emailer.. I am sure you have the ability to be this. Just remember you want the person reading it to think (as you are) that this girl needs help...

Will be thinking of you... Just keep perservering with hosp and housing..
X

D

Deleted member 83869

A nicely termed stroppy email yes!!!

If you want to send me a copy of it first, you have my email address..then it can be checked by an older stroppy woman!!-lol...

Nicola,
Sometimes, sadly, you have to be a nice, persistant, persuasive stroppy emailer.. I am sure you have the ability to be this. Just remember you want the person reading it to think (as you are) that this girl needs help...

Will be thinking of you... Just keep perservering with hosp and housing..
X

I will give the email ago tomorrow...if i can find there email that is! Haha x