Blood is 31.1 again!!! Help?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi, posted on here on wednesday about having high sugars! And im now 31.1 and i dont know why and im feeling nauseous.i have changed my cannula and had about 2 pints of water! I cant test my ketones before anyone asks so please no one have ago at me!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have you injected yourself or tried to correct by pump?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
At this point you need to inject, if you haven't already..

D

Deleted member 83869

Corrected via pump im down to 24.3 now need new insulin pen why do things always go wrong for me im never prepared! :( i guess this is karma

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You will feel very nauseous... Thats because of your levels. Please come back tonight to us, as you really ought to consider A&E if you are unable to stay awake until your levels stop to drop.

It is important to give yourself an injection to correct....

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Corrected via pump im down to 24.3 now need new insulin pen why do things always go wrong for me im never prepared! :( i guess this is karma

Phew!
Glad they're on the way down - have you worked out what went wrong?
At least it's a reminder to get a new pen - always good to have spares of everything.:confused:

D

Deleted member 83869

Phew!
Glad they're on the way down - have you worked out what went wrong?
At least it's a reminder to get a new pen - always good to have spares of everything.:confused:
No clue at all! I think i have bloated myself with the amount of water i have drank though! Im feeling better now...slightly and im not that tired no normal than i usually do at 22:30 ha!

As for my cannulas 8mm d-link!

I will go a&e though if i am high again tomorrow! I really dont want to go there though because i just get moaned at as it is all my fault even by my dad:(

Monday i will be going to the doctors or making an appointment atleast so that i can get ketostiks and a new pen!!xx

iHs

Nicola you can use a disposable syringe to give yrself an injection. With bg levels as high as yours, you should abandon the pump and always use pen or syringe to get levels lower and give a bit more than the correction factor. There could be a few reasons for the high bg but unless you know what that reason is, its silly to jeopardise yr health by dossing about with a pump and risk DKA and going into hospital

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola you can use a disposable syringe to give yrself an injection. With bg levels as high as yours, you should abandon the pump and always use pen or syringe to get levels lower and give a bit more than the correction factor. There could be a few reasons for the high bg but unless you know what that reason is, its silly to jeopardise yr health by dossing about with a pump and risk DKA and going into hospital

Okay, sorry :( im going to see how i go because ive had dka many times before and i dont even feel close to how i have felt before

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No clue at all! I think i have bloated myself with the amount of water i have drank though! Im feeling better now...slightly and im not that tired no normal than i usually do at 22:30 ha!

As for my cannulas 8mm d-link!

I will go a&e though if i am high again tomorrow! I really dont want to go there though because i just get moaned at as it is all my fault even by my dad:(

Monday i will be going to the doctors or making an appointment atleast so that i can get ketostiks and a new pen!!xx

Perhaps a small air bubble blocking supply? Hot weather can cause bubbles to occasionally form in the tube between pump and insertion site.
Any reaction - lumps, bumps etc at the insertion site?
Talk it over with the doctor Monday - see if they can help advise.

Just to re-iterate others' advice - if you have any doubts or concerns - or if you begin to feel unwell, get yourself straight to A&E and be blowed to what dad says!

D

Deleted member 83869

Perhaps a small air bubble blocking supply? Hot weather can cause bubbles to occasionally form in the tube between pump and insertion site.
Any reaction - lumps, bumps etc at the insertion site?
Talk it over with the doctor Monday - see if they can help advise.

Just to re-iterate others' advice - if you have any doubts or concerns - or if you begin to feel unwell, get yourself straight to A&E and be blowed to what dad says!
I think the air bubble thing was my problem the other day but my pump detects them! Today, i just dont know i have been floating around the ten and twelve mark and then 31.1 just tested again and its now 18.6 and im feeling hungry!

My doctors are useless with my diabetes they literally have no clue, they get all panicky when my blood is 8-9 thinking it is way too high! Yet thats an achievement for me!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
With accuchek pumps there are a couple things not explained fully.

Within 24 hours you will get airbubbles in your cartridge...you need to prime these out, especially if your pump is loose in bed as it is flat. The insulin that you put in to cartridge is best to be at room temperature when you load the cartridge.. Even if you load it from the vial and leave it for a few hours before changing the cartridge over.

When you connect your tube and cannula together that again can somehow get airbubbles in the connector, so when priming gently tap the actual connectors when together and insulin is going through them, you will be amazed at just how many airbubbles can come through when these two conectors are joined together.

I am assuming that when you have a bath and shower and if you disconnect your pump that you are looking at your tube from the pump and repriming it before reconnecting it. The insulin in the tube will "suck" backwards and the tube needs to be primed to get rid of the suck back air...

Finally, check that the lueur lock is done up tight every day.... As if this has worked itself slightly lose then the insulin will be slightly seeping out.

When tou go above 12 you must consider that your correction bolus's by pump need to be more than what it recommends.. At least a third for me...

Glad your levels are coming down.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

With accuchek pumps there are a couple things not explained fully.

Within 24 hours you will get airbubbles in your cartridge...you need to prime these out, especially if your pump is loose in bed as it is flat. The insulin that you put in to cartridge is best to be at room temperature when you load the cartridge.. Even if you load it from the vial and leave it for a few hours before changing the cartridge over.

When you connect your tube and cannula together that again can somehow get airbubbles in the connector, so when priming gently tap the actual connectors when together and insulin is going through them, you will be amazed at just how many airbubbles can come through when these two conectors are joined together.

I am assuming that when you have a bath and shower and if you disconnect your pump that you are looking at your tube from the pump and repriming it before reconnecting it. The insulin in the tube will "suck" backwards and the tube needs to be primed to get rid of the suck back air...

Finally, check that the lueur lock is done up tight every day.... As if this has worked itself slightly lose then the insulin will be slightly seeping out.

When tou go above 12 you must consider that your correction bolus's by pump need to be more than what it recommends.. At least a third for me...

Glad your levels are coming down.

Ohhh i never knew about all of them :O thank you for telling me though but whenever i disconnect i always prime!! Thank you btw!:)

Reactions: 3 people

iHs

Have you put the pump up on a TBR? I would do this for 2 hrs and keep testing bg levels to see how the bg is going. Hopefully by 2am yr bg will be low enough for you to go to bed but try to get up again about 4.30am to bg test again just to make sure that you dont need to correct again or need to eat a couple of jellybabies if you are going a bit low. Good job its the weekend coming up so that you wont have to work........ look after yourself xx

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think the air bubble thing was my problem the other day but my pump detects them! Today, i just dont know i have been floating around the ten and twelve mark and then 31.1 just tested again and its now 18.6 and im feeling hungry!

My doctors are useless with my diabetes they literally have no clue, they get all panicky when my blood is 8-9 thinking it is way too high! Yet thats an achievement for me!!

Looks like it's working now then.
Can you pick up a new pen tomorrow? It would be useful to have one on hand - just until you're happy the pump is doing it's job properly.
Lol, sorry your docs aren't too helpful. You could always phone through to the pump manufacturer (I'm guessing there's a helpline) explain what's happened and see if they can offer some guidance.

D

Deleted member 83869

Have you put the pump up on a TBR? I would do this for 2 hrs and keep testing bg levels to see how the bg is going. Hopefully by 2am yr bg will be low enough for you to go to bed but try to get up again about 4.30am to bg test again just to make sure that you dont need to correct again or need to eat a couple of jellybabies if you are going a bit low. Good job its the weekend coming up so that you wont have to work........ look after yourself xx

TBR??? Sorry im still kinda new to pumping :( im not going to sleep yet though because now im worried of hypoing! :/ and yes thats a bonus...no work! And i do try thank you xx

D

Deleted member 83869

Looks like it's working now then.
Can you pick up a new pen tomorrow? It would be useful to have one on hand - just until you're happy the pump is doing it's job properly.
Lol, sorry your docs aren't too helpful. You could always phone through to the pump manufacturer (I'm guessing there's a helpline) explain what's happened and see if they can offer some guidance.
Doctors no longer open saturdays :( and yea they do have a helpline!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You may be able to see your local chemist and ask if they could let you have a pack of disposable syringes...then at least you could draw up from your vials.

If you have given yourself enough correction bolus you should not need to have a TBR.

A TBR is an increase or decrease in your basal rate for how many hours you want it.... Its called a tempirary basal rate. Its excellent for times when you are stufffing food all day at christmas... But personally I would be wary of advising you to do this.... Especially at night time.

How long ago did you change your set and how much correction bolus did you give yourself?