Body shape help

Defren

I was in Sainsbury's today, and as I love Gok Wan I was looking around the clothes. I noticed they sell body shapers in body shapes, for example I am an apple shape. I bought an apple shaper to see what they are like, and they work! I got the medium control apple briefs for £8 and they do 'pull you in'. I thought they might be of help to people like me, who are losing weight, but would like a bit of definition until they are down to their ideal size and shape. My apple shape means all my fat is just around my waist now, and I can see a better shape with these.

Elc1112

I an a firn believer in spanx. Best thing since sliced bread. In fact, they are much better than sliced bread. Absolutely brilliant! :)

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They don't half set the smoke alarm off though when I put mine in the toaster.
koo-koo.gif

Seriously though I live for the day I can stop wearing things that disguise my shape. Maybe this time next year.

<<catz wanders off to daydream.>>

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thanks for the info
I'm a large busted apple and I'll look at those things
Hana

Defren

hanadr said:
Thanks for the info
I'm a large busted apple and I'll look at those things
Hana

I have lost my boobs and bum, but there is still a bit of flesh on this apple, and they do help. They just define you a bit more until we get to the weight and shape we would like. I like them.

SweetHeart

Elc1112 said:
I an a firn believer in spanx. Best thing since sliced bread. In fact, they are much better than sliced bread. Absolutely brilliant! :)

Lower in carbs too! :thumbup:

I have, for the first time in many years, got a proper shape; 34 - 30 - 36. I am very pleased with myself. :angel: The scales are still giving me disappointing figures but the tape measure isn't. Hopefully I'll be able to tone my legs on the exercise bike now that we have a more padded seat cover (butt was bruised for weeks last time) and the hilarious shaky thing will tone my arms. :D

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Elc1112 said:

Lower in carbs too! :thumbup:

I have, for the first time in many years, got a proper shape; 34 - 30 - 36. I am very pleased with myself. :angel: The scales are still giving me disappointing figures but the tape measure isn't. Hopefully I'll be able to tone my legs on the exercise bike now that we have a more padded seat cover (butt was bruised for weeks last time) and the hilarious shaky thing will tone my arms. :D

Ju

:shock: Hilarious shaky thing :shock: my adorable shake weight? Jules, how could you? I have a good boob - hip ratio, just my apple tummy lets me down, getting there though - slowly. :lol:

SweetHeart

Slowly is much the best way! Frustrating as it is, it gives your body time to adapt. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

Hopefully, if we're all laughing fit to burst whilst using the shake weight we'll get toned abs too! I missed out on the 99p one but got one this evening for 50p. There's a good start to a new shape!

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Slowly is much the best way! Frustrating as it is, it gives your body time to adapt. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

Hopefully, if we're all laughing fit to burst whilst using the shake weight we'll get toned abs too! I missed out on the 99p one but got one this evening for 50p. There's a good start to a new shape!

Ju

What a bargain - well done. I lost my weigh exceptionally quickly, it has slowed down, my arms, legs, face, neck bum and boobs are all lovely and slim, it's just my tummy. The only way an apple shape can lose the tummy fat is to walk, so I walk, and walk, and walk. It is going, slowly. I am off swimming tomorrow, and should be starting the gym and my aqua classes next week, so hopefully that will all help as well. Kill or cure 'innit? :crazy:

SweetHeart

I'm finding it quite expensive clotheswise. I'm going to list a lot of stuff on eBay that is now too big for me so I can buy some clothes that do fit. Not buying a lot though, as I want to lose another half to a full stone.

Ju

Elc1112

Ashleigh, do you mean the bingo wing thing? If so, then I have heard that it works well on your arms. If you want to improve tone elsewhere then you will probably have a look at something a little more physical... Or a good pair of shaping pants! ;)

Elc1112

It's my stomach and bum that I struggle with! My arms and legs are sufficiently toned, but my middle is a nightmare. Tried everything but I find it so hard to tone this area up. Boo!

Anyway, good luck with the shaker thing. If that doesn't work, I'd really recommend body pump - they offer it at most gyms - or body conditioning. Very good for tonight you up :)

Em

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
I realise this is mainly a female thread, but are there any clothes to make you taller, don't say heels, tried that and they made my legs look awful :lol:

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
will try these options, hope I don't get a nose bleed due to the altitude change! :lol: