Bread

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw a couple of posts with recipes for low carb bread, can someone please post links or recipes as can no longer find the threads they were posted on.

Also, any ideas for meals for hubby's lunches? He doesnt have access to microwave or cooker whilst at work but have plastic forks/containers for lunches for him.

Getting fed up with salads, etc and fancies something different.

Thanks in advance :)

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm buying protein bread from morrisons. They do their own and warbartons do one too!

We saw that online but they never have any when we go in to the store and dont deliver as we live too far out for them.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for tagging me @azure.
Unfortunately I can't offer much advice as I don't eat bread, and do not take lunch out.
I believe many recommend Lidl high protein rolls. I can't make a recommendation, as I don't have a Lidl nearby, and I gave up sandwiches ages ago.
I do carry an 'emergency' low carb pack in my bag, just in case I am delayed anywhere and feel the need for food. This is simply a tub of almonds or walnuts, and some individually wrapped cheeses. A bottle of water too. I doubt that would be a substantial lunch for a working man though. Could he survive on a hearty breakfast, and a mix of nuts, olives, boiled egg, a small tin of tuna or sardines or such, @MH2010?

Reactions: MH2010

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a look at www.dietdoctor.com
There are several different lc bread recipes on there, from pizza dough, to oopsies and hot dog buns.

I rarely bother, myself, but i appreciate the range, because there are all sorts of different recipes catering to every taste. :D

Reactions: dbr10 and MH2010

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've tried the Lidl high protein rolls. I didn't like their appearance initially, they are very dark and seedy, not what I would have eaten pre-diabetes, I was a crusty white fan. I now use Lidl rolls if I need a packed lunch, my fav. filling in them is salmon, cream cheese and lettuce. They freeze well too.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Celery sticks filled with peanut butter or a low carb pate. Chicken bites (various options). Cold meats with salad veg/olives. Low protein bread (Lidl) with cheese and pickle. No sugar jelly with rasps/strawbs in an indivdual size container.Pickled herring (various options).

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all.

Great ideas that should keep him happy for another week or 2 lol .

Reactions: Rachox

New2T1D

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Things that are unfair.
Glad I read this post: protein bread sounds good. I looked up the Warburtons one and it has only 9g carbs per slice plus 4g protein - useful for T1D carb management, esp bedtime snacks.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad I read this post: protein bread sounds good. I looked up the Warburtons one and it has only 9g carbs per slice plus 4g protein - useful for T1D carb management, esp bedtime snacks.
I have the Tesco high protein bread which is similar and also 9 g per slice. I also like the Warburtons but have problems finding it. I have to say though that I'm not keen on the Lidl rolls!!

Reactions: New2T1D and MH2010