Breakfast

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
What do you have for breakfast that keeps you going?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, eggs, steak, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, reheated leftover veggies, butter, low carb bread, vegimite, that's my basic list of food to mix and match.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes omelette or anti pasti mix. Sometimes nothing. That's normally early lunch at 11am. Don't do breakfast. Eat twice a day. Try and keep lunch light otherwise my sugars will rise too much.

Reactions: Smiler99

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I was trying to see what people had as I just have porridge with alpro and water

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If I'm having a lower carb breakfast I have a fried egg with spices and avocado (sometimes tomato or black beans with it) and some lime juice and sweet chilli sauce. Sounds a bit weird but it's really nice.
If I'm being healthy-ish I have banana, greek yoghurt and nuts or seeds with a bit of honey. Or porridge. If I'm not being remotely healthy or lower carb I have toast, crackers with peanut butter or cereal, usually shreddies or bran flakes.

Reactions: Smiler99 and Juicyj

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm a fan of unsweetened greek yogurt with berries (either fresh if they are in season or microwaved frozen ones if they aren't). But I often skip breakfast because I just don't need as much food as I did when I was young.

Reactions: Juicyj

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually exercise before breakfast so have
Black coffee, slice soughdough toast with butter, marmite, whole avocado, 2 poached eggs & blueberries, or
Black coffee, slice soughdough toast with butter & peanut butter, scrambled eggs & mozzarella, whole avocado & blueberries or
Boiled eggs & 25g oats with almond milk, cinnamon, sunflower seeds & blueberries,
Sunday no exercise so make cream cheese pancakes with blueberries

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I keep my brekkie low carb as I find the blood glucose rise can take all morning to bring down otherwise so try to limit it to 10g carbs, also a fan of eggs and unsweetened yoghurt with strawberries or blueberries. It's also striking a balance between something that will keep you going till lunch too.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m also a fan of a low carb Greek yoghurt and berry breakfast. 10 carbs worth in total. It keeps me going til about 2-3 when we have our main meal. I am very active so it obviously sustains me. Has to be full fat yoghurt though. Long ago ditched anything carb heavy in the morning. Too tricky to control. Can manage a bowl of porridge later in the day without issue.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4 eggs most days and add in some cathedral mature cheese for a change :)

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I was trying to see what people had as I just have porridge with alpro and water
I sometimes have porridge too, but only one heaped tablesp, mixed with two dessertsps of chia, pumpkin seed mix, and almond milk. Today I had Greek yogurt with the same seed mix plus a few blueberries and a small amount of double cream poured over. Neither of these raise my blood sugar. I also like scrambled eggs ... especially as it's so quick to make on a cold morning:)

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Eggs or toast with cheese.

I found out if you do good at breakfast, your numbers will improve

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Thanks guys I had my insulin changed yesterday now taking lower amounts as I had 3 hypos in 24 hours

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Not really a breakfast person but when I do it’s normally 4 eggs scrambled with bacon and brown sauce .