Not open for further replies.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously.

Weaning off the steroids, yay!

First day on lower dosage, wow, only needed 3 units of novorapid.

Since then I am back 4 units every three hours and it just suddenly takes off.

We changed the coffee,I don't think it's that.

I have come to the conclusion that the cause is Brexit. Not looking to start a political discussion folks.

Just wondering whether being so flipping angry can raise your bgl?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might have to resort to hiding under the duvet until it's all over then.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I might have to resort to hiding under the duvet until it's all over then.
Always welcome to come hide here with the dog with the gorgeous backside. I have a couple of spare duvets :)

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
It has definitely caused me a lot of stress and even depression. I've even discussed this with my GP and she said I'm not the first one to have suggested that politics is behind our mental state. It's like I'm coming up to having surgery, and in this case I feel as though I'm going to have my balls cut off. I'll survive but life just won't be the same, ever, not in my life time. I have to avoid the news and newspapers to reduce the general unhappiness I feel whenever I get caught up in what's going on. Even watching the shenanigans of Donald Trump doesn't make feel any better these days. There was a time when his stupidity was so stupid it was laughable, now it's criminal and very sad.

My worry is that the people who will be the affected the worst will revolt and take it out on everyone else.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. Avoid the TV unless there's a good film on. "Mary Poppins" maybe? "Lion King" perhaps?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yup. The stress and uncertainty will certainly impact your levels of it’s something you care passionately about, as I do. My liver doesn’t like it much either :D

I try to lose myself in music.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been burying my head, not watching the news on TV nor reading the newspapers, apart from our local press ;) I agree, it's all rather / very disturbing.

I'm hoping, when I drag my head up, it will all be over, dust settled and we can continue much as before ;)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Always welcome to come hide here with the dog with the gorgeous backside. I have a couple of spare duvets :)
How many duvets do you have because there may be more of us accepting your kind invitation.

Reactions: KK123

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The steroids are bad enough, but throw in some stress and hey presto.... nothing good to be said.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
Sad which ever way you look at it.
EUSAD (2).jpg

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still waiting for the Queen to step in. Guess that's not entirely plausible though eh.

Reactions: NicoleC1971

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was gutted to have missed the London March at the weekend - I’ve been to all of them since the referendum and a very active pro EU campaigner in my local area. Sadly exams this week put the kybosh on it but I was there in spirit. I’m keeping stress levels down by doing what I can on social media, and feeling like I’m doing SOMETHING to stop this thing.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How many duvets do you have because there may be more of us accepting your kind invitation.
Enough! Or else we'll get some more!
Can you see the headlines: "Sudden Increase Of Bizarrely Well-Controlled Diabetics In Frisian Village" :hilarious:

Reactions: TriciaWs
Status
Not open for further replies.