Bullet proof coffee

alliebee

Ok friends I'm going to do a week on this. As per @Brunnaria advice got really posh coffee to try and stop the spaced out feeling..so I've just made it and properly with butter and coconut oil and frothed it up and put it in a warmed thermos...I have to say no oily taste at all. Just creamy and lovely.
1 hour in. Bright energetic and no hunger! Will post as I go on..no greasy feeling this time in my tummy either.. I'm doing this as I really don't want to lose any more weight and I've tried upping protein but its turning into glucose and raised my readings. I'm on 45 g of carb. So trying to up fats a bit..too much cheese makes me nauseous so making brilliant green and rainbow salads and putting ceasar dressings and olive oil on...watch this space..I lost a further 2 lbs this week so really needed to stop it. No more carbs. No extra protein leaves fats. So extra adventurous ways will be interesting. Wish me luck? :(

Reactions: 12 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck @alliebee. Just a thought would increasing the amount of things you eat like nuts help? I believe they are good for BS but high in fat. so maybe a little nibble between meals could help stop the weight loss (cant wait until I am looking for tips to do this lol).

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good luck.

(I've just had to go the opposite way, no dairy at all in my coffee. As a'treat' I've bought myself a new coffee maker, and a variety of different coffees, tp make a change from the instant)

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Thanks Kezzer. I tried a lot of nuts last week but somehow it raised my readings. Not sure why. I love peanut butter though :)

alliebee

kezzer it will happen sooner than you know! My 2 stone went so quick I honestly thought my scales were wrong! I've never been able to lose on any other diet! So I was delighted. Its carbs that put weight on combined with fats ie in processed foods I think...

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
As a big coffee lover, I really want to try bullet proof coffee, but I just can't get past the idea of butter and oil in coffee! Does the buttery taste come through at all once you've brewed it?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you don't like this idea, we've been using nut milk in coffee. It's like having hazelnut or almond syrup in the coffee without the sugar. Found it works very well!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps any tips will be more than welcome.
Bullet proof Coffee is not my cup of tea, ding dong. ( help me ):)
Sorry hears a tip about the butter you use.
"grass-fed brand of butter really matters because corn or soy-fed cows don’t make butter with the same fats. Those butters don’t blend well, don’t taste good, and don’t make you feel Bulletproof".

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Thanks Kezzer. I tried a lot of nuts last week but somehow it raised my readings. Not sure why. I love peanut butter though :)
Try just a 'handful' of almonds - this way of measure
and type of nut shouldn't spike you quite as highly .
Handful 'only' best to nibble and enjoy .

alliebee

As a big coffee lover, I really want to try bullet proof coffee, but I just can't get past the idea of butter and oil in coffee! Does the buttery taste come through at all once you've brewed it?
No its really strange. No fatty taste at all

alliebee

Bullet proof Coffee is not my cup of tea, ding dong. ( help me ):)
Sorry hears a tip about the butter you use.
"grass-fed brand of butter really matters because corn or soy-fed cows don’t make butter with the same fats. Those butters don’t blend well, don’t taste good, and don’t make you feel Bulletproof".
I only use butter from grass fed cows. Friendly farm shop nearby. Only have pasture fed meat too. Pork from free range porkers eating chestnut mast right now...be kind to your food. So much better for us all round. Free range chuckies too

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
No its really strange. No fatty taste at all
No ? Oil slick or slime within the brew once brewed up
If I see or was to taste this it would be :yuck::eek: to me .

Am fussy and picky with what I see on a plate anyways as it is .

With my brews even more so - am one of those that simply cant drink
the last dregs of any drink up .
Always tip last dregs and sloppy residue at the bottom of cup away .

alliebee

But god are they happy porkers. We keep taking apples and pears up from the orchards in our village for them...happy as pigs in.....fruit n nuts :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
now fruit and nut chocolate... mmmmm not that I would ever let a piece of fruit and nut pass through these lips now :)