Burgen Soya Linseed Bread - Carbs?

PickledPepper

Does anyone know how many carbs a slice of Burgen's Soya/Linseed bread has?

Just had a sandwich with 2 slices with a small bs rise. I'm wondering how many carbs I ate?

Had it with roast chicken, lettuce and coleslaw filling in case you're wondering.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Check the link for nutritional information.......

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories- ... ed-i109052

29.8g carbs per 100g.

The timeline for testing is important too......the peak may not be for a few hours. Slow acting carbs.
I tried this stuff a while ago and the highest reading was around 3 hrs. Passable but not to my taste.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi it's me again. What does WAPYA...('TH') mean? I don't suppose you're surprised I asked
again :lol: Doing a service to all those who wonder what it means... 8)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Daisy.
It's a little message to a very good 'friend' of mine, a joke ! :wink:
I am sure he too will be wondering so I cannot give him any clues. Spoil the game....... :(

He spends a lot of time following my every move and frequently quotes me......what it is to be so popular. :D

You can join in the game too......see if you can find my 'little' pal........ :twisted:

Answers via pm only please...... :wink:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Interestingly I googled it and it came up with one of your posts :shock: Big Brother is watching you...

I think I know where the little pal lives..

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Oh.....I wouldn't call it/him 'Big Brother' ......just a sad individual with nothing better to do. :wink:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Burgen has 11.9g carbs per slice and as it is low GI those carbs are fairly friendly too :D

PickledPepper

Sid Bonkers said:
Burgen has 11.9g carbs per slice and as it is low GI those carbs are fairly friendly too :D

Thanks for that!

Went from 6.5 at 1 hour to 5.5 at 2. So It was around 20 grams of low GI carbs.

I'm tempting to push the ceiling and see what kind of effect 40 grams will have next.....

hmmmm......