Came to Uk and recognized that I m 10 in 1

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually i just recently discovered this !! so i m not sure of its type !! may be u r correct my friend !! i really need to consult a doc

Reactions: EllieM and abcd99

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Please register with a GP as soon as you can, and tell them you have a possible type one diabetes diagnosis from your family doctor but are confused about your treatment. They should arrange an appointment for you very quickly.

If that’s not possible, test your blood sugars and ketones - if these are high you should go to the emergency department of your nearest hospital.

Where in the U.K. are you?

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Please register with a GP as soon as you can, and tell them you have a possible type one diabetes diagnosis from your family doctor but are confused about your treatment. They should arrange an appointment for you very quickly.

If that’s not possible, test your blood sugars and ketones - if these are high you should go to the emergency department of your nearest hospital.

Where in the U.K. are you?

I m in london !! Yes. i have arranging it for today itself !! ll visit asap !!
actually i just relied on my family doc as he has 20 years of exp and running a successful health portal to

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That’s good to hear, let us know how you get on - there is loads of support here for you, whatever your diagnosis. If you’re going to be here for a couple of years, you’ll need to get yourself into the health system. Ask for everything in writing, it can be hard to remember everything you are told when you get bombarded with information.

Wishing you the best of luck :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s good to hear, let us know how you get on - there is loads of support here for you, whatever your diagnosis. If you’re going to be here for a couple of years, you’ll need to get yourself into the health system. Ask for everything in writing, it can be hard to remember everything you are told when you get bombarded with information.

Wishing you the best of luck :)

hmmm thats a correct measure which you are telling me. I ll write all the things in details and share here for better clarification and understanding.
Thanks to all the people who gave me suggestions for this

Reactions: LooperCat

abcd99

Actually i just recently discovered this !! so i m not sure of its type !! may be u r correct my friend !! i really need to consult a doc
Please got to the right doctor and find out right details. You should not take this so lightly......let us know what your doctors have to say....every post here is important for someone or other.........your experience will help us to learn new things...do share..take care.

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Please got to the right doctor and find out right details. You should not take this so lightly......let us know what your doctors have to say....every post here is important for someone or other.........your experience will help us to learn new things...do share..take care.

sure mate !! i ll share every detail!! here once i meet a doctor

Reactions: abcd99

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
sure mate !! i ll share every detail!! here once i meet a doctor
You'll need to make sure you have the details of all the medication that your family doctor has prescribed for you - and let the doctor know which ones you are actually taking.

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll need to make sure you have the details of all the medication that your family doctor has prescribed for you - and let the doctor know which ones you are actually taking.

yes sure. I ll carry all the required documents and will revert here itself what the doctor told me about this unexpected disaster

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i am on a project here!!! I work with TCS !! and as soon as the project will be over i ll return but its a long way the projects will be minimum for 2 yrs and dnt m know the max limit of it
Surely Ratan can cough up for a private GP for you? :)

If your family doctor in India suspects type 1, I suggest you mention this to an NHS GP here. In fact, tell the receptionist - they might expedite your appointment.
Diabetes is quite difficult if you are used to an Indian diet because the need to massively reduce carbs rules out a lot of food you'll be used to - pulses, rice, roti, puri, sweets, etc. But plenty do manage it (and I say this as a big lover of Indian food).
Funnily enough, I was only diagnosed in November and broke my hypo virginity about three weeks later on the way to Bangalore (at Mumbai airport).
[

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
You should get your doctor to confirm that your type 1 as it's normally impossible to have type 1 without controlling it with insulin injections/pump. So you could be type 2

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yup i too think so !! i ll arrange some good appointments for this !! and will visit the doctor !! i just trusted my family doc bcoz he has its own portal of fitness and health so i thought it would be beneficial and i read those only but now i think i m wrong i really need to consult
Good idea and hope you find the support you need. I am T2 myself, and it is important you get proper diagnosis, When that is in place, then there may well be things your family doctor tells you that can possibly be used in parallel with NHS treatment. I personally supplement with Bitter Melon (Memordica or Bitter Gourd) and find it helps to stabilise my bgl levels,

There is a software tool on this main site that will help convert your mg/dl readings to the UK mmol/l values, which is what many of us use in our postings.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-sugar-converter.html

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey mates !!
i visited the doc and found i m in diabetic type2
my sugar level was 130 and after 2 hrs of meal was 165
the doctor advised me to have a strict diet and also acarbose 50 mg
merformin 500mg
sazagliptin 2.5 mg
for now and told to get rechecked in one week to check everything is fine or not I will consult my family doc on this advice of the doc

Reactions: Oldvatr

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hey mates !!
i visited the doc and found i m in diabetic type2
my sugar level was 130 and after 2 hrs of meal was 165
the doctor advised me to have a strict diet and also acarbose 50 mg
merformin 500mg
sazagliptin 2.5 mg
for now and told to get rechecked in one week to check everything is fine or not I will consult my family doc on this advice of the doc
I’m so glad you got that sorted out, you’ll get loads of support here x

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so glad you got that sorted out, you’ll get loads of support here x

Thanks to you all for your support !! How should i get updated with the diabetes news on daily basis!! Is there any updating page in the forum or any other external websites which can keep me updated about various diabetes measure !!!

Bonycells

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had type 2 diabetes for nearly 3 years now. Lost some weight from 348 to down below 308 a couple times. Back up to 316 for now. Trying to eat low carbs and cut out breads almost entirely but I love pizza from time to time and fried potatoes. That drives my BGL to over 200. I was on 2500mg Metformin for most of the 3 years but hated it so was trying other remedies. Decided to try Insulin to see if I can get off the Metformin because of symptoms and fears of death since that is the max dose. So My new Dr put me on Trujeo (says it's the same as Lantus but I'm not so sure about that yet) Today I started eating Bitter Melon with my fried eggs, Cayenne pepper, Turmeric, Black pepper, very little salt, Ceylon Cinnamon and cheese. I found the taste wasn't bad at all. Waiting for stomach to get back to me on whether it likes it or not. I plan on eating one bitter gourd melon daily to see the insulin effects. Yup, taking glucose levels daily so I don't go too low all of a sudden. Are the seeds any good from these? Does anyone soak in salt before mixing them into a food? I cut mine in narrow strips and cooked along side my omelet before flipping it together. What else can be made with Bitter Melon?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have had type 2 diabetes for nearly 3 years now. Lost some weight from 348 to down below 308 a couple times. Back up to 316 for now. Trying to eat low carbs and cut out breads almost entirely but I love pizza from time to time and fried potatoes. That drives my BGL to over 200. I was on 2500mg Metformin for most of the 3 years but hated it so was trying other remedies. Decided to try Insulin to see if I can get off the Metformin because of symptoms and fears of death since that is the max dose. So My new Dr put me on Trujeo (says it's the same as Lantus but I'm not so sure about that yet) Today I started eating Bitter Melon with my fried eggs, Cayenne pepper, Turmeric, Black pepper, very little salt, Ceylon Cinnamon and cheese. I found the taste wasn't bad at all. Waiting for stomach to get back to me on whether it likes it or not. I plan on eating one bitter gourd melon daily to see the insulin effects. Yup, taking glucose levels daily so I don't go too low all of a sudden. Are the seeds any good from these? Does anyone soak in salt before mixing them into a food? I cut mine in narrow strips and cooked along side my omelet before flipping it together. What else can be made with Bitter Melon?

Hello and welcome :)

Your post is in an old type 1 thread, can I move this for you into it's the type 2 section for better visibility ?

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome :)

Your post is in an old type 1 thread, can I move this for you into it's the type 2 section for better visibility ?

Sure !!! after a long time I just came to this forum due to heavy work pressure