can anyone tell me which fruits are low in sugar content?

Saurabh125

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
tell me which fruits are lower in sugar content,
reply urgently

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
most berries are OK -
I buy frozen fruits as mixtures and look for the lowest. You need to look at the full nutritional detals.
Blackberries are the ones I last used.

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
most berries are OK -
I buy frozen fruits as mixtures and look for the lowest. You need to look at the full nutritional detals.
Blackberries are the ones I last used.
I could be that frozen berries will break down quicker because they are partly destroyed by freezing. But fresh and not too ripe.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could be that frozen berries will break down quicker because they are partly destroyed by freezing. But fresh and not too ripe.

My levels do much better with fresh. Any spikes are more noticeable with frozen.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love rhubarb. With ginger and erythritol.

The lowest carb fruits are the ones that taste the least sweet, so that is mainly the berries. Tropical fruits tend to be the most sugary, and dried fruit is VERY sweet.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rhubarb- lovely with lamb - chunks added to a slow casserole about 30 minutes from end. Also as a low carb chutney with cold meats and cheese

Reactions: Struma

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh really. I did not know that. Yum
I am going out right now to pick it from my garden.
It's probably the lowest carb "fruit" we can eat - from memory I think you'd eat 400-500g weight to reach as many carbs as in 100g weight berries.:p

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cook my rhubarb with a dollop of butter, some Sukrin gold (demerera type erythritol), diced ginger and zest and juice of a small orange. I used to make a ground almond crumble but I've recently been using same basic mixture to make shortcake instead - with the ginger, orange zest and a little orange essence. It's my next to-do "job" tomorrow!

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

tell me which fruits are lower in sugar content,
reply urgently
I get my info for this sort of thing from the Fat Secret app or website and / or the Calorie King website or app.

This is the quickest way of doing homework / research / etc. if you need urgent. :meh: