Celebrating real foods

Hotpepper20000

@MrsA2 hello. I read your cabbage recipe with great interest. One of my favourites at present is sweetheart cabbage fried in olive oil with, chopped onion and pieces of bacon. Yum
I had to look up what a sweet heart cabbage is. Not sure I’ve seen that here in the north

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Hotpepper20000 I think the cabbage for sauerkraut is more solid and white whereas this is conical shaped and greener.

Hotpepper20000

This morning I had leftover beef roast with a slice of cheese and avocado.

Tonight it’s taco salad ( own mixed spice mix), with minced Turkey thigh, homemade salsa, homemade pickle jalapeños, shredded cabbage, cheese and Greek yogurt.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooked ox cheek for the first time in ages today - delicious. Have reduced down the liquids now into a much richer sauce to have with the leftovers later in the week. Just thinking about what to have for dinner. Pork belly pieces is the current favourite.

C28F21A3-CDF1-4D3F-A2B8-093EE5E15638.jpeg

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal : hahaha well funny enough I’ve just started eating them again in the last month! I’ve got one in the fridge for tonight :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any type of cabbage would do, plain white or savoy. Just not too old or tough.

Today's win was something I had forgotten, microwave poached egg.

I was getting bored with scrambled eggs but getting late for walk didn't have the time for boiled, and am not overly fond of fried. I love a poached egg but didn't have time to boil the water and then wait, then luckily I remembered this:
Half fill a mug with cold water
Crack an egg into it.
Put into the microwave for a minute.
Drain
Voila perfect poached egg, cooked and eaten in 90 seconds flat

You might find there are differences depending on age and size of egg, shape and size of mug and power of microwave but a little bit of experimenting never hurt anybody.

Reactions: Allexandro

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any type of cabbage would do, plain white or savoy. Just not too old or tough.

Today's win was something I had forgotten, microwave poached egg.

I was getting bored with scrambled eggs but getting late for walk didn't have the time for boiled, and am not overly fond of fried. I love a poached egg but didn't have time to boil the water and then wait, then luckily I remembered this:
Half fill a mug with cold water
Crack an egg into it.
Put into the microwave for a minute.
Drain
Voila perfect poached egg, cooked and eaten in 90 seconds flat

You might find there are differences depending on age and size of egg, shape and size of mug and power of microwave but a little bit of experimenting never hurt anybody.
Brilliant. Thanks.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had home made sausage meat patties with egg on top for breakfast.
If I had remembered to add cheese they would have been like a muffinless Macdonald’s brekkie but 10x better.
Without the cheese it was only 9x better.
:hilarious: