Christmas delivery!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Today we received our Christmas parcel of food from the local youth club, who received a grant to distribute food at Christmas for those who have been sheltering or on benefits, the elderly and those in need.
Well what can I say, it was very nice of them.
Inside the box was boxes of cereal, New potatoes, tin garden peas, pack of pasta, pasta sauce, jar of Korma curry sauce, four tins of baked beans, tin of butter beans, two tins of tomato soup, jar of apricot jam and some fruit, fresh and in tins in syrup.
Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of the food, but it's not what I would give to a household that has someone with RH and another with type two diabetes!

Oh well.

I want to wish everyone who has contributed to the forum a merry Christmas despite the virus.
Keep safe and best wishes.

Lamont D

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enjoy the thoughtfulness and pay it forward - donate it to a food bank.

Reactions: ert

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today we received our Christmas parcel of food from the local youth club, who received a grant to distribute food at Christmas for those who have been sheltering or on benefits, the elderly and those in need.
Well what can I say, it was very nice of them.
Inside the box was boxes of cereal, New potatoes, tin garden peas, pack of pasta, pasta sauce, jar of Korma curry sauce, four tins of baked beans, tin of butter beans, two tins of tomato soup, jar of apricot jam and some fruit, fresh and in tins in syrup.
Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of the food, but it's not what I would give to a household that has someone with RH and another with type two diabetes!

Oh well.

I want to wish everyone who has contributed to the forum a merry Christmas despite the virus.
Keep safe and best wishes.

Lamont D
Well, the intentions were good, anyway... And it's nice to be thought of.

Merry Christmas, and a healthy 2021!
Jo

Reactions: Lamont D

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely thought to be appreciated. I agree, a food bank sounds the best place for it though!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What would you give them, bearing in mind it needs to be cheap and not perishable?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That is the million dollar question!
Unfortunately, a lot of people in this country are in poverty, as I was when growing up, the choice is eat it or be hungry.
Hobson choice!
Marcus Rashford has woken up the country, and a hero to thousands of children.

Reactions: KK123