Coping.

Smile

I hate how everyone assumes that you are now used to Diabetes ... its so annoying. I cant cope. Pluc I have my diabetic clinic and eye test today.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,Smile. The only people who assume that you can cope with diabetes are usually non diabetics!!
Diabetes is now a part of you but don't ever let it become all of you.Keep it in it's place ,control it and get on with leading as normal and healthy life as you can.
Please have a good read round the forum and ask us questions,we can help you cope because that's what we are all trying to do.

Aadrgon

Hi Smile and welcome

Problem is unless you've got it you have no idea what it's like.
You have to try to cope as best you and for those days when it seems a bit much you've got people in here that have been there before that will hopefully be able to offer you words of encouragement and maybe advice.

Hope everything is OK with your appointments today.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Smile, welcome.
The previous posts from the dyslexic dragon and Sue say it all. you will get plenty of support and guidance here. It's an illness, not a death sentence !
cheers
Ken

Thirsty

Keep smiling, Smile.

We all know how you feel but, as the others have said, diabetes is only a disaster if you allow it to be. Trust us, you can cope and it does become easier over time.

Best of luck to you.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Aadrgon said:
(sticks Ken on the list of people to flame) :lol:

Gila Monster feeds at night on small mammals, Dragons, birds and eggs. Fat stored in the tail and abdomen during this period is utilized during the winter months. Both species of Heloderma are sluggish in habit, but they have a strong, tenacious bite.

Beware !
Ken

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Gila monster eh,better watch out,they are apparently trying to find a 'cure ' for diabetes because the gina monsters can keep their blood sugars level even though they only eat occasionally.Beware of white vans and men with big nets!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yet again we have managed to derail a thread!!Apologies to Smile but I hope it also shows you that diabetes is not the end of the world and we can keep our sense of humour.

Aadrgon

Apologies Smile

Didn't mean to derail your originsl post but as you can see we are a friendly bunch brought together under the diabetic umbrella. That's not to say we don't all have off days, you should have seen the state I was on the first day I posted in here.
Hope this helps

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya smile,
as already said, we know how u feel ,some times we all feel annoyed with our illnesses, hope all your appointments go well today and welcome :D