1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

COVID vaccination

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by notafanofsugar, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Sam1976

Sam1976 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi All,
    I have been T! since I was 10years old. I will not be rushing to have the vaccination for the following reasons:-

1. When I was 10 years old I had the BCG injection and a week a later I became very very ill in hospital with a blood sugar of 135ml, I should have been dead the Dr's said that it was a miracle that I was alive and that I should have been put in the Guinness Book of records for the world's highest blood sugars. I was in a diabetic coma for just over 2 months.
    2. After given my son the MMR Vaccination he then developed ASD- Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

I think what is interesting the following ingredients are as follows:-

1. Recombitant DNA
    2. chAdOx1
    Take a look and let the forum know your thoughts.

Stay safe

2. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Eh? Where did you get this data from.? I have no interest in reading anti-vaxxers postings, thank you. It does not make sense.

Found it
    "Participants were randomly assigned (1:1) to receive either the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine or the MenACWY vaccine. MenACWY was used as a comparator vaccine to maintain blinding of participants who experienced local or systemic reactions, since these reactions are a known association with viral vector vaccinations. Use of saline as a placebo would risk unblinding participants as those who had notable reactions would know they were in the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine group.!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #282 Oldvatr, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. parentjoe

parentjoe · Member

This is a forum for people in one of the highest risk groups for coronavirus fatality, I find it staggering that this conversation is even taking place. Even the most rudimentary research will tell you that there are no ‘long term effects’, there can’t be, it’s a modified cold virus suspended in a soup of sugars. The only thing that will remain in your body after a couple of days are the antibodies that you produce yourself.
    I naturally tend to be sympathetic to other peoples views (even if I strongly disagree) but in this case the harm that these crazy theories can do to the people on this site is real and tangible. By not taking this vaccine you are putting others at risk.
    Just take the ******* vaccine !!!!

(mod edit for language)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #283 parentjoe, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:05 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2020
  4. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

I take it you have not yet experienced personal loss in your circle of friends and family. I assume you are aware that another member of the coronavirus family is the common cold, and I doubt that it is giving anyone immunity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Indeed as the vaccine was non existent 9 months ago.. are you claiming that any long term results are now clear?

We have already had reports of 2 anaphylactic responses from those who have had the vaccine.. that's a pretty short term effect.. we have no idea what the long term effect will be do we?

6. Bergkamp777

Bergkamp777 Type 2 · Active Member

You are entitled to a free flu vaccine and your GP should be offering it to you, ring the surgery and ask them..

7. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Corollary - The virus was nonexistent 10 months ago, We KNOW that Covid is inducing long term problems in seemingly otherwise fit young people, so I am surprised you are so hellbent on not wanting to protect yourself and your friends and family from it. As I posted earlier, there have been many recent vaccine releases where the only long term effect is antibodies, and that only one has been withdrawn for possible harmful side effects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bergkamp777

Bergkamp777 Type 2 · Active Member

I absolutely agree with you it's the only way we will beat this pandemic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. bulkbiker

Was it? There appears to be significant evidence it was about well before that.
    But in how many? And were they indeed "fit young people" ?
    I can assure you I'm not alone in being concerned about the safety of the vaccine. I'd rather rely on my own metabolic health thanks. It has served me pretty well so far.

10. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Point 1 - irrelevant. The time period in the post I responded to was your comment regarding 9 months for long term problems to be detected in the vaccine, my point is that in 10 months since discovery we have registered accounts of harm and death being caused in people who would not be classed as 'vulnerable'

point 2 = there are more instances than I have fingers to count them. It is not my job to keep these records, but I trust the overall system that does, Sadly there is evidence of long term harm continuing in survivors beyond the immediate recovery period. The thought of lung scarring and blood clots is not a pleasant one. These are detectable and are proven to happen in Covid patients who survive, not just in post mortem reports,

Point 3: Your choice and your opinion. Just keep well away from me just in case you are a secret carrier. I hope you never become a super spreader. But it's your opinion of the risk factor you face. You talk of expecting to live another 20 or 30 years from now and I wish you well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. bulkbiker

As we do with every single disease that effects humans.. people die of all sorts of things at anytime in their lives.. we just don't have it shoved down our throats constantly

So more than 8 then.. and post viral syndrome effects how many exactly?
    See you have no idea of that either.. again COVID has been trumpeted from the rooftops yet never in any context.

I'll live until I either die naturally or at a time of my choosing whichever comes first.
    Thanks for the kind wishes.

Time to withdraw from this thread I feel..

• Hug Hug x 1
  12. Martinjd

Martinjd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Probably a good idea do everyone a favour if you can’t be constructive, it’s very easy to disagree with everything especially as you seem to feel everyone else’s views are irrelevant, you have a huge weight on your shoulders being such an expert in everything.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

WHO data
    https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...people with COVID,have lasting health effects.

A few more than 8.

14. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

I am assuming that this is not something you would ascribe to
    !Dulcē et decōrum est prō patriā mōrī[!
    You are welcome to correct me on this, but I will not hold my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bulkbiker

Useful..

• Like Like x 1
  16. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It probably wouldn't be an effective vaccine if these components were missing.....

17. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

One thing I have been trying to find is the answer to is the question is the covid 19 vaccine a live vaccine or not.

This is of particular interest to those who are on biologics such as abatacept (Orencia), adalimumab (Humira), anakinra (Kineret), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia), etanercept (Enbrel), golimumab (Simponi), infliximab (Inflectra, Remicade), rituximab (Rituxan), tocilizumab (Actemra), tofacitinib (Xeljanz), and upadacitinib (Rinvoq).. as they cannot have live vaccines.

And technically Insulin is a biologic medication.

#297 JohnEGreen, Dec 10, 2020 at 3:31 PM
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  18. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31604-4/fulltext
    This is the basis of the Oxford Zennica vaccine.

The Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines use RNA, which is not recombinant DNA.

Vaccines used to be made from watered-down deactivated virus so they used the live threat as the source (aka smallpox or polio vaccines), These new vaccines use DNA from the common cold, I believe and for the second 2, only part of that DNA so that it has no ability to recombine or self propagate. It is a safer technique than the older types and actually uses our own bodies to manufacture protective proteins rather than use the injected virus proteins. This is what our bodies do naturally every minute of the day we are alive and breathing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bobduff

bobduff · Member

Looks like the vaccine may cause infertility according to this government document so what else might it do?
    https://assets.publishing.service.g.../Information_for_healthcare_professionals.pdf

20. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook