1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

COVID vaccination

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by notafanofsugar, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

As I said elsewhere in this thread, you have to remain fit and well clear of Covid for exactly the same reasoning. We do not know what effect Covid has on Fertility, but we know it could certainly curtail the ability to have children in the future, and not just in the reproductive organs dept. I will mark your post here Optimistic, To me its a no-brainer, but then I am past the procreation stage now, PS we do not yet know if Covid could affect fetuses long term (Zikka does).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Maybe

3. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I really don't get this logic at all.

Vaccines have been integral to the increase in life expectancy by protecting against diseases. Nothing is 100% and there are downsides to vaccination programmes.
    Bill Gates wants to reduce population growth.
    Bill Gates donates billions to vaccine research, health care and education.

and this is meant to be a bad thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hankjam

Everything is possible.
    If I don't have the vaccine I might not be here to have children.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ymdawd

Ymdawd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How many of these 60,000 UK deaths would have died anyway, even without COVID-19.? A substantial amount. COVID-19 is not totally to blame.

6. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

We all die one day. This is a facile POV and not a realistic interpretation of the figures. Those deaths are real and affect families and friends who grieve the loss of loved ones BEFORE THEIR TIME. You seem to be very callous and unsympathetic, That 60,000 is not a herd of cattle, and that is not what is meant by herd immunity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hankjam

We're all going to die..... the question is did they die too early? Covid-19 speeded up the process.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

It speeds up the process even more if we are diabetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ymdawd

Ymdawd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In some but not all/

10. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

This year my family has lost two lovely people before their time. I am putting you in Ignore.

Edited by mod to remove comment breaking forum rules on simple courtesy.

• Hug Hug x 1
    #330 Oldvatr, Dec 12, 2020 at 12:52 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
  11. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello.

There is a sign behind the bar down my local.. (I assume it's still hanging.)

It simply reads. "Be nice or leave."

There have been a couple of requests from my Mod team mates to stay civil on this topic.

Thanx in advance for your compliance.

12. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Wow! What an uncaring attitude!
    Well my aunt wouldn't have died of a broken arm if she hadn't caught Covid-19 in rehab. I wouldn't be still suffering with numerous health problems if I hadn't caught Covid-19. But I guess you're OK, so denial works for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  13. Max68

Max68 · Well-Known Member

Can never understand this callous "well, they would have died anyway" theory. How does one know, you can't. Dementia patients like my mum or others of a certain age in care can live for years and if someone dies of Covid in care they are taken before their time pure and simple. Whether it's by a day, month, year or ten years it doesn't matter, Covid ends a life before something else does! What about younger people who have died from Covid? What if these vaccines are full of poison and kill 60,000 people? Would people just mumble "Well they would have died anyway?!" In my opinion it's a pointless callous argument that cannot be proved and Zand puts it perfectly above and sadly this ridiculous phrase is massively disrespectful to people like Zand.

I may have mentioned this before but I can't remember but my thoughts on vaccines is this. I lost most of my hearing when I was a kid as a side effect of the whooping cough vaccine. A little girl who lived down the road who was a friend died of whooping cough. The families religion didn't cater for vaccines. I'm deaf but thankfully still here, sadly she is not. I'm male, not skinny and diabetic so I'll take my chances with the vaccine rather than the virus. If it's proved that the vaccine also stops you passing on the virus then I'll happily take it again to protect other people. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hankjam

15. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. hankjam

It would seem that this article does not actually say who makes the decision apart from MHRA, but nothing about who is in that body, how many, and what are their credentials and experiences. Also, it should have mentioned that the team was fed information during the trial starting with the day it started to the day they came to decide. So it was not a sudden panic at the end, it was not rushed, and was properly done IMHO.

Their website gives a Who's Who of those involved. Of all the talking heads I've seen on the TV screen recently I've was impressed by the CEO, Dr June Raine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency

• Like Like x 1
  17. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

BBC 1 @9.05 pm, Panorama : The Race for a Vaccine. Talking about fake news as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hankjam

19. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook