Cure for chocolate craving

Michelle_BBB

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Agggghhhhh sitting here on a Saturday night, avoiding Facebook in case I see a video of something delicious being made .... I have grapes and seeds at hand but they are not working well

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chocolate is not forbidden - not the high cocoa sort anyway. It is the bars of mostly sugars which would do damage.
I buy my chocolate at Lidl and Tesco. A couple of squares or one small bar seems fine for me.
Grapes are not to be eaten freely - the highest cocoa chocolate is about the same carb count

Reactions: Michelle_BBB

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like Resurgam I eat the dark choc, 70% cocoa solid.
Milk choc just makes me want more, but the 70% stuff hits the choc spot without me ever glutting on it.

Grapes are, sadly, terrible for me. Far too sugary and bad for my blood glucose. Likewise mangos, bananas, sultanas, raisins, and all dried fruit.

I'm fine with berries though. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I second the 85% chocolate choice. If you’d said a year ago that I’d come to like it I’d have laughed my head off! My tastes have changed so much since going low carb. I sipped one of my kids glasses of normal Coke the other day and it tasted like treacle :eek:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I go with Montezuma's Dark Chocolate Absolute Black 100% Cocoa, almost everyday with my berries, nuts and greek yogurt https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/montezuma-absolute-black-100%-cocoa-100g.

upload_2017-10-14_23-55-4.png

Jeff.T1DU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lilly's chocolate bars are sweetened with Stevia, which won't elevate BG.

Heather15792

I've lived sugar and chocolate free for many years and supplement with Chromium Picolinate 250mcg once a day. Try avoiding TV as well as FB. The ads for foods are as bad as smoking ads used to be:rolleyes: