Cystitis

samantha13

Any remedies for cystitis? I'm feeling so poorly with it. Bg's have been all over the place today..as high as 18.2 and as low as 2.8 I already drink 2-3litres of water a day. I've quite bad thrush also I'm wondering if this is linked?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it persists, drop a specimen into your surgery so they can make sure you don't have an infection.

I find a hot water bottle can help the pain, along with paracetamol.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they can be linked - at least doctors think so - I remember a very odd conversation with my GP who was asking if my symptoms of thrush had gone and was the treatment effective, when the last time I had seen him was to get treatment for cystitis. I had a repeat when on holiday and found that drinking water did help and by the time I'd returned home it had gone, but you have my sympathies as I remember how painful it was. Can you make an early morning call and get an emergency appointment with your GP?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Cystitis is often related to sugar in the urine from blood sugar that is too high. If you can get the blood sugar under control you may well find the cystitis disappears.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Cystitis is often related to sugar in the urine from blood sugar that is too high. If you can get the blood sugar under control you may well find the cystitis disappears.
Duh - of course - both times I had trouble were after being away from home and not cooking for myself, the first time took longer to get really bad, so I was home next day but the second time it was almost at once - I suspect that I have been heading for diabetes for decades, just never realised it as I was eating low carb.

samantha13

Yes I thought that @Diabell I'm not sure if my bg is high because of the cystitis or if the high bg caused it. Either way I'm high lol. Have been correcting all day hope to get on top of it before bedtime xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@azure hot water bottle has helped so much thank you. I think I'll take a specimen first thing tomorrow. I'm feeling awful.

It's a horrible thing - I sympathise. The only answer is to keep drinking water or very weak tea or squash and keep that hot water bottle on you. Avoid coffee and alcohol and juice (too strong/ acidic).

Definitely call your doctor tomorrow.

Take paracetamol too and have an early night. The warmth of the bed helps sometimes too.

I hope you feel better soon. X