1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Burnout.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by catherinecherub, Mar 26, 2010.

1. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

2. G0ldengirl68

G0ldengirl68 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well I'm only into this whole deal since January (diagnosis) and I've had burnout a couple of times. I will gladly look at your link and thanks so much!

• Hug Hug x 1
  3. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I get frustrated as I cannot seem to eat anything except greens things and meat in small doses. Sometimes I feel like giving up - but I have come so far in such a short time :bigtears:

• Hug Hug x 3
  4. G0ldengirl68

I think the baking will be a lot of help for me because I can't afford the ready-made, plus I don't trust it either. There's recipes galore, but baking takes time and willingness. When I want something to eat I can't just grab something safe unless it's ready to eat. I don't get really bad hunger pains, but I get them. Yesterday I didn't want to eat so much dairy (to go more Keto) but I had to grab some to make a full meal. I only ate 694 calories total and 14g of carbs. Today has to be different as I know that's not enough for me.

Hang in their Lainie, I think if we are eating balanced meals, minus things that we know aren't healthy like sugar, we'll do fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes G0ldengirl68 but what about the craving of pancakes :arghh::arghh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. G0ldengirl68

Did you do some experimenting then testing sweetie?? If I have a good, or better count, I look at my food diary to make sure what and how many carbs I ate. Oh, the other thing I know for you was you thought the Almond flour didn't set right with you. So I also should have asked if you ate some of the other things, while eliminating the Almond Flour. Then if you get a reaction, you might have got the other from something else, not the almond flour. There is also coconut flour. I know these different flours are, well, different, but I just love the new foods, it takes some time to realize they are so yummy and I have no cravings, honest I don't.

You can still make pancakes, and there is even syrup. I know our food industries focus on "enticing us" with a lot of unhealthy stuff, but they are slowly coming round because so many people are getting sick from non-nutritional food ;)

Do you need some easy recipes to try, or a Food Diary to help you out? I could give you a link or two on recipes, and there are several here. For Diaries, I bet this forum can recommend some good ones. I won't because I don't want folks to think I'm trying to sell something ;) But tracking my foods, just even 2 weeks, while testing you can get amazing info about your body. I've lost 10 lbs as of this a.m. I couldn't believe it as I've been lazy for a week not exercising, just daily chores etc.

virtual hug.gif

7. G0ldengirl68

Here's just one I googled but have not tried @Lainie71 and it might be one to try out. Says it has 1 carb, but someone here might know about the other ingredients to be sure if it's a good recipe. Let me know if you try it ;)
    https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/gluten-free-low-carb-coconut-flour-pancakes-592220/

It also mentions a syrup you can buy that is carb free using Monk Fruit. I know nothing about Monk Fruit as I like my Stevia, but I would try this syrup just to see if I could avoid making my own ;) Well, I do know many say Monk Fruit is top-notch for a sugar-alternative.

#287 G0ldengirl68, Mar 14, 2021 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  8. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

From where was this sourced? Relevance to the thread?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #288 Mike d, Apr 17, 2021 at 10:16 AM
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  9. Jack111

Jack111 · Member

The suicide rate is higher too which shouldn't be a surprise

10. Jack111

Jack111 · Member

Same, thanks to this culture where they do absolutely nothing until things effect their lives

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook