1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diane Abbott T2

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by midnightrider, Jun 14, 2017.

1. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well, I guess maybe the perfect ones of us should be beating a path to her door to do her job, it seems it would be easy for you to fit it in along side your normal day, then maybe sort out brexit and works peace before an early night?

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I doubt it, she would probably have mentioned that, she doesn't seem to have forgotten she's diabetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael4450

Michael4450 Type 2 · Member

I don't know whether to laugh or

4. macabee

macabee Type 2 · Active Member

Having lived in hackney north for most of my life, you could pin a labour rosette on a robot and it would get plenty of votes, so I was not surprised she increased hers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CherryAA

CherryAA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree, Diane also stated she had not been controlling her blood sugar. Anyone with a meter they had already used would already know that T2 + fasting plus drugs is likely to lead to a hypo. The fact that she didn't suggests that she was not using one as per NHS advice. .

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CherryAA

This has to be true -it s currently estimated that there are 3m million diabetics in the UK. ALL of them could be helped to some extent by following some part of the advice on here. Last time I looked the site was celebrating something like 1/4 million people ? so 11 out of 12 UK diabetics do not appear to make it to here - assuming that all members are actually from the UK which isn't true .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Whilst that is true, there are over half a million members on the Low Carb Programme, and goodness knows how many guests who never register.

8. covknit

covknit Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Plus many type 2's are told not to monitor

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. covknit

covknit Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

The internet search facilities are very hit and miss and there is no rule saying we will find the most appropriate site for us within a reasonable timescale.
    The links found would depend on the search. I am on google chrome so I get the advertisements first. In my case I found the .org site first as I began by looking for dietary advice. Since I have never eaten many desserts or much chocolate the emphasis on .org did not make sense to me so I happened to continue looking. Even when I found this site and signed up to the low carb programme I found it impossible to get beyond week one. Very annoying as I did not drink the sodas I had to give up in that week and was immediately ready to progress to week 2 IF I had ever managed to find it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

It's a sad state of affairs when a person gets ridiculed for being ill and worse when they admit why!

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. CherryAA

ha ha make me a liar - then only 3million non joiners not 3.25 M ! less the 3million guests who look but don't register. I doubt the point alters much :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Glenmac

Glenmac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

[QUOTE
    I agree Avocado.I have been away from the site whilst on holiday and am both surprised and saddened by some of the vituperative posts on here.As Diane Abbott was a former Shadow Health Secretary, whatever your political persuasion,it would appear to be a good time to point her to this site and to highlight the poor advice being given to type 2 diabetics by the NHS.................As a poster has already stated,each of us is different,with individual needs and medication.As I,for instance when beginning the low carb diet, had two hypos.I was on Gliclazide and Metformin.I tested and was a low 3 each time.I recognised what was happening only from what I had read on this site.Thank goodness I wasn't driving,or being interviewed on TV, just pushing a Dyson cleaner over the carpets!! I certainly suffered from brain fog,felt ill and was quickly taken off Glicazide by my GP.
    ="Avocado Sevenfold, post: 1485896, member: 91401"]I agree. There is another thread running at the moment asking people to petition broadcasters to visit this site for information about diabetes management. If they do, they will see a fellow diabetic being ridiculed and called an idiot. Nice work at promoting the site as being supportive.

@Administrator[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CherryAA

Hopefully if she does join she will see through the political stuff to the underlying heart of the matter, that we ALL want ALL diabetics to have the BEST shot at improving their own health and no matter who we are, or what we believe in politically, personal health should ( and does) transcend that, for the vast majority of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lolhere

Lolhere Type 2 · Member

As a diabetic type 2 since 2012... I have had bouts of confusion blankness type of brain freeze... Excess stress is a big factor, as well as activity for me. The issue is normally not about whether you can hold a job etc.. For me it's about getting Sugars under control. I'm still struggling with that & just started meds to combat it. The one thing that is clear on this site is that everyone has different experiences. I only saw my doc today.. after years of the nurse being dismissive of symptoms.. my doc recognised it as part of my diabetes... he went through all tests etc & saw the pattern, as he saw me before & just after I was diagnosed. The blame game is damaging & unhelpful. Why doubt someone.. it's awful not being believed, especially when it is a tough time getting through it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook