Don't involve yourself in the blame game.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Well then she was a very naughty nurse.

Misinformation such as that is exactly why diabetes progresses as patients dont to understand the causes and thus fail to embark on the best course of action to slow or halt the progression of their condition.

FWIW I was told the same but went away and did some research. Unfortunately, not very effective research, as for many years, I was still misunderstanding what was going on :x . Since finding this forum :D I am now doing, what I should have been doing for the last 18 years - low-carb instead of just low-gi.

Steve08

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Newcastle United
Thanks stuffedolive at the time i wondered what age related meant found no information about it until my wife found this sight and thanks to this site i got up to speed about type 2 and the reasons why i got it. All though i have only had diabetes for 7 months i have really come to terms with it and changed how i ate and carry on with a normal life.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done steve08.

I daren't say much more than that as anna29 deletes anything I say about getting people to control their diabetes.

Controller,
I don't know what you wrote but the stuff I said that got deleted was innocuous stuff about T2s in denial getting offended because they were being told to take control of their diabetes.

:-(

Steve08

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Newcastle United
You could have talked to me privately. As for the controller haven't they herd of free speech? Its up to the reader to read it or not.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Steve08.
Controller is a poster in this forum. My post was a little ambiguous as Controller is not the moderator. Its the moderator anna29 who is deleting/editing mine and controller's posts.

Steve08

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Newcastle United
Well i am a strong believer in freedom of speech as long its not slander or abusive and bullying. If you have something to say whether the message is strongly put or not people can choose not to read it if they don't like what's being wrote : )

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nothing abusive slanderous or bullying in my posts !

Steve08

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Newcastle United
Why did she edit you i know she isn't a bad person as when i first found out i had diabetes no body told me anything about it and i suffer with depression. So i found this site posted a question and anna29 rang me to make sure i was ok.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A friend of mine had gotten himself into a right state, physically, financially, emotionally. Everyone tried to be supportive but to no avail. Then one day for no apparent reason he biked himself a week at Butlins, Mablethorpe. This happened to coincide with a Glasgow social-services subsidised week. He saw for himself how good his life was in comparison to others with nothing. He came back a changed man having experienced something akin to a 'road to damascus' revelation.
Sometimes we need to look outwards not inwards - it makes the journey seem much easier.

C

catherinecherub

controller said:
I hope that anna29 has been cognisant of what contributors have said about her so called "moderation." Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are definitely under severe threat.

She is the cause why we are forced to come off "topic" and she cannot see it!

I would like and appreciste all diabetics who contribute to these posts to register their deep concern about this heavy handed and totally ["so unecessary"] attitude and action shown by anna29 towards us.

Editing is only a part of what she does because she also deletes entire posts. Why? She does not like it, so it has to go!

I suggest you read the forum rules, especially about Moderators' decisions.

If you don't like the way things are being handled there is an option to take it up with Admin. via p.m.

hornplayer

Well said CC!

The job of moderator is not easy and I think Anna does a great job.

Things that you see as totally harmless may well be seen as bullying or offensive by those who a little more sensitive or have past experience of such behaviour.

If you have something to say to someone and your posts are getting edited, send them a personal message. That way, no one will argue with you and you can say what you like. Nasty little snipes at the moderator are just childish. Play ground behaviour.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Couldn't agree more. I think Anna does a great job on this forum. As already mentioned the rules are clear. Keep up the good work Anna

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
To be quite honest I get sick of other peoples judgements, but thats life. I also get sick of being treated like some sort of science experiment by the nhs, as if it isn't enough been bound by laws and taxes, they want to dictate what you eat...just kill me now! I was managing my diabetes ok, until they found I have a broken vertabra which now means I can't exercise because when I attempt anything the repercussions are massive. The lack of exercise and diet control means I can't control it, then the media say its a lifestyle choice, well let them walk a mile in my shoes, they wouldn't get out the front door before handing them back... oh and I don't qualify for DLA. Great isn't it.
Gary.

controller

Gary, what you describe is worrying. May I suggest that you see your GP asap?

However, one of the control factors for diabetes is diet. May I suggest that through your GP that they arrange for you to see a qualified dietician?

The most worrying factor is that you say you had your diabetes under control but that was scuppered because of your NHS diagonsis of your injury.

What is DLA?

I wish you well and hope that you can bring your diabetes under control again, which is the challenge for every diabetic.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
hornplayer said:
Well said CC!

The job of moderator is not easy and I think Anna does a great job.

Things that you see as totally harmless may well be seen as bullying or offensive by those who a little more sensitive or have past experience of such behaviour.

If you have something to say to someone and your posts are getting edited, send them a personal message. That way, no one will argue with you and you can say what you like. Nasty little snipes at the moderator are just childish. Play ground behaviour.

Couldn't agree more. This thread is far too valuable for newbies who are full of self-blame (been there, got the T-shirt) to risk having it closed down.

This forum is not just a social group, however valuable it may be as that. It helps people who have a serious illness come to terms with it and learn to live with it.

If you don't like the moderation, why not volunteer to be a Moderator yourself? It's a job I for one do not want.

Viv 8)

Anna29, delete this if you feel you need to. I'm not out to start a row, but I don't like sniping - we've had quite enough of that in the past, have we not? You have my full support, by the way - for what it's worth! :crazy: :wink:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
catherinecherub said:
controller said:
I hope that anna29 has been cognisant of what contributors have said about her so called "moderation." Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are definitely under severe threat.

She is the cause why we are forced to come off "topic" and she cannot see it!

I would like and appreciste all diabetics who contribute to these posts to register their deep concern about this heavy handed and totally ["so unecessary"] attitude and action shown by anna29 towards us.

Editing is only a part of what she does because she also deletes entire posts. Why? She does not like it, so it has to go!

I suggest you read the forum rules, especially about Moderators' decisions.

If you don't like the way things are being handled there is an option to take it up with Admin. via p.m.
Just to remind all here are the forum rules .
When you register on the forum you agree to abide by these rules also .

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5019#p272032

It is clearly specified in the rules - what is acceptable and what is NOT acceptable .
All of these rules are fair and just with all DCUK members in mind .
There are valid and varied reasons why things may be edited or deleted .
Whether as in partly edited or edited in full if warranted .
All editing and any deleting in posts is done for a 'reason' .

No personal attacks on any members or the moderatoring team are allowed nor tollerated here .
Nor is a member to 'attempt' to moderate .
The moderating team here work as a team and do exceptionally well under the circumstances .

If any member are still insisting on posts of this nature 'please' contact ADMIN and put
forward your issues to admin .

Thanks Anna .

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
stuffedolive said:
Steve08.
Controller is a poster in this forum. My post was a little ambiguous as Controller is not the moderator. Its the moderator anna29 who is deleting/editing mine and controller's posts.

Just to let all member's know - some posts can and have been 'moved' elsewhere for future reference .

This is needed when any deliberate attempts to moderate or damage/derail a thread or topic
or to attempt bully or label other members ' unfairly ' is done purposely .

This is not positive nor productive in terms of helping or supporting others :thumbdown:
It just generates ' negativism ' and creatives bad vibes, confused perceptions all which are neither helpful or supportive here .

For the thread to get back on track - we need to move on and remain positive and supportive :)
Its what we do best here ... :thumbup:

Anna .