Eating in the USA

dorsetlad

Dislikes
T2
I am a recently diagnosed T2 on diet only, and still trying to get my head round the diet. At home it's not too bad, as we can buy and cook the correct ingredients. In September, we are going on a 10 day coach tour of New England in the Fall, which we have been looking forward to for a long, long time. The tour is based on accommodation only, and we have to fend for ourselves as far as eating is concerned.This diagnosis has really hit us for six, as we feel that it will be difficult to eat healthily in a country that loves it's sweet, fatty foods, and usually serves it in extra large portions. :? Someone even suggested that we should order one meal with 2 plates, as the portions are so large. :lol: We can obtain breakfast in the hotels where we stay, which shouldn't be a problem, but will probably eat out at night. If any members have faced a similar situation, your advice would be most welcome. We don't want trying to find healthy foods to monopolise the holiday and take the shine off.

Brian

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Brian. I don't really see any problem here...... :?

Just chose your eatery with care, pick the 'healthy' options. They do salads, fish, ordinary chicken etc. Steak and salad are good. If the portions are too large just don't eat them all......ask for a 'doggy bag' when you leave. I have eaten out in many countries and have never had a problem with either choices or healthy foods. Avoid all the fatty, sweet and unhealthy foods like the plague. I know it's what they seem to go for in the States....doesn't mean to say you have to eat it.

Enjoy the trip....... :D

Ken