'ello

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Now then, just in for a very brief moment to say it's been a fun few days...not.
Me dear old doctor ordered me to have complete rest for 2-3 weeks, you'd think I was an old man for goodness sake.:)
Actually I didn't need much encouragement, I'd been feeling pretty rough lately with fatigue thrown in for good measure lately.

But resting, even though I've done nothing but sleep, it's been sooooo booooring.
Back to normality?.... I'm almost there. Mind you, me better half likes to remind I've forgotten what normality is. lol

Apart from the Diabetes, (and I feel this lot decided to come together to play up lately)
I've....
Fatigue. (I know many members suffer from it, it kind of rules life, it's over-powering)
Nerve damage at the base of the spine.
Hiatus Hernia.
Labyrinthitis. Inner ear problem that effects the balance. If I move my head too quickly I very near faint.
Sciatica in one leg and opposite ankle.
Several small ulcers in the stomach, they're just not healing despite being given some excellent tips from members.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
A heart attack left me with unstable Angina.
Polyps in the intestines.
Internal bleeding.
High blood pressure.
Enlarged Prostrate.
Sleep Apnoea. Hospital results show I stop breathing 112 times a night. (and that's incomparable with some poor folks)
The hospital gave me a CPAP machine (continuous positive airway pressure) it helps if you have severe snoring problems, in other words.
And the daft thing is, I've insomnia as well. lol
Depression. I've clinical depression. I've suffered from it since I was a young lad without being being picked up properly however, after many
many trials my doctor finally discovered the medication which has finally and reliably replaced the missing chemical deficiency.
It's in control now but, as with the diabetes it can leave me very tired for weeks. The tiredness can be so severe I daren't drive during
those periods however, as I mentioned earlier, I've given up driving now.

So that's me tale of woe, bet you thought I'd popped me clogs, no chance....much as I hate to tell you, I'll be back, hopefully, sometime next
week to irritate and annoy you all again.

Squire, thank you so much, you're doing a fantastic job in keeping "Who Are They" alive. If you feel like it, would you continue for a while.
Thank you also, daisy, Opalshards, pavlosn, NotSoSweet2, LisaBurning, forgive me if I missed someone.

Hope all that makes some kind of sense.
Kind personal regards.

willie.

Reactions: 3 people

Karbstruck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
injustice
I am shocked to read that you have so many health problems Willie, especially as you are so cheerful with all your forum posts that help us all keep going. I really admire your positive attitude and sincerely hope that you rest up well and soon feel better. You might be "a bit on the short side" but you clearly have a very big heart. Take care.

Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Enjoy your break Willie, just get well soon. You are much missed.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Wow @WeeWillie that's quite a list. I hope you feel better soon. x

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hope you feel better soon. I was nicknamed 'little willie' since young. Until I started work. I always sang the song from Sweet when someone teased me. I got for obvious reasons, I was small and my middle name is..................William. Ha!

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Nice to hear you're not dead Willy, we were just about to have a whipround for some flowers for you. :playful: xx

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Glad to hear from you Willie. We have all been worried about you. Take your time and we all look forward to
seeing you soon xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello Willie I have been wondering where you were. How's the lovely Mrs Willie keeping? Hope to see you back real soon, take good care. RRB X

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Sorry to hear of your woes Willie but thanks for keeping us in the picture.
You are missed on the Who are They thread although we are all trying hard it doesn't run quite like it used to as you were an expert at clues and picture malipulation which we sadly cannot do. But it's still a lot of fun and we will keep it running until you are well enough to return.

Get well soon Willie !!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
cea.jpg

Well I more or less said something similar but....
we can't be right all of the time. :playful:

So good to be back in again seeing your names and
having a rather quick read through some of the posts in
the "Who Are They" & "Inspiration" thread.

I'm still not 100%, however at least I've popped my head
above the parapet and not the opposite...popped my clogs,
much to your disappoint. lol

Apologies for leaving you all to get on with it, but you've done
exceptionally well organizing and keeping the two threads alive,
thank you so much.
I'm exhausted with being exhausted. This will sound pathetic,
but I'll need to ease myself back on board again.

Anyway, I really have to say how much I appreciate your words
and thoughts to this particular thread.

Kind regards to all of you.

willie. x

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Hello willie,
Sorry to hear that you have been so unwell.
Goodness that rest is so well deserved....
Hope you feel,so,much better soon, you have a lot to,cope with , I had know idea .....
Stay positive , with that great sense of humour you always have......:) best wishes.....Kat

Reactions: 7 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sleep Apnoea. Hospital results show I stop breathing 112 times a night. (and that's incomparable with some poor folks)
The hospital gave me a CPAP machine (continuous positive airway pressure) it helps if you have severe snoring problems, in other words.
And the daft thing is, I've insomnia as well. lol

The CPAP will help with the OSA episodes and, from what I can see, though I am not medically qualified, a bottle of whisky won't add to your long list of woes but ought to put you out like a light :)

When I started with sleep apnea, I found I couldn't get to sleep because I was worried about stopping breathing and then getting that panicky gasping for breath. It was all broken fitfull dozing. I felt totally exhausted getting up in a morning. After diagnosis and before I actually got the CPAP, I slept on an incline, several large cushions, and practiced deep breathing exercises several times during the day. That helped by relaxing me and when I got the machine, I slept like a baby. I felt better the very next morning and after a week, I felt like I was full of energy.

At the same time I had extremely high blood pressure, an enlarged heart and a failing left ventricle. That all went away once I started to sleep properly. Stick with your CPAP. Try to relax. You need deep sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Willie, did your mates nic-name you Lucky?
Hang in there mate and chase good dr's to help

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That is lovely Willie. I hope all goes better for you soon. I think I speak for everyone when I say we all wish you well and are thinking of you.

Reactions: 8 people

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Willie. So great to see you back :) Hopefully you will be well enough soon for a full return. You are much missed around here. You have a lot to contend with so take your time and no rushing to do things until you are really ready. Take great care of yourself. You are one of a kind so.be sure to cherish yourself.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What beautiful beautiful words Thundercat, I cannot believe for one minute I deserve them, but I thank you all the same.

Remember, I'm just an ordinary, regular guy, well, perhaps not so ordinary,
an ordinary wee guy....the only aspect that sets me aside from everyone else.

I've said it before, you are far too kind with your words.

Regards and best wishes.
willie x

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good to see u around Wee Willie! I hope u soon feel much better! Xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Aaaw, thank you damonfrog, lovely kind words.
Getting there but can't rid myself of this tiredness, it's a paaaaaaain. :banghead:

:)

willie.