Excellent Annual Review Conversation

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my first ever annual review with the practice nurse - previously all diabetes related appointments have been with the GP.

My HbA1c has dropped slightly to 30 but I was braced for possible conversations around cholesterol. Nothing of the sort, the nurse was very interested to hear about how I’d managed my diabetes. She wrote down details of this forum and when I mentioned Jason Fung she said ‘you should speak to my colleague X, she’s always talking about him’. Again she wrote down details.

She did mention cholesterol - total number is up very slightly, but triglycerides down - but understood my position around ratios. Googled the calculator I mentioned on the spot, put in my figures and agreed ratios were fine.

By the time we got to weight, she just asked me what I weighed and entered that into the computer!

It was so refreshing to have an engaged and supportive conversation - and hopefully there’ll be a few referrals to the forum.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news! Always good to have the health care pros on side :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What an extremely positive annual review. A DN who has her finger on the pulse. Fantastic news on your lowered HbA1c too.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Great review, can I share her?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my first ever annual review with the practice nurse - previously all diabetes related appointments have been with the GP.

My HbA1c has dropped slightly to 30 but I was braced for possible conversations around cholesterol. Nothing of the sort, the nurse was very interested to hear about how I’d managed my diabetes. She wrote down details of this forum and when I mentioned Jason Fung she said ‘you should speak to my colleague X, she’s always talking about him’. Again she wrote down details.

She did mention cholesterol - total number is up very slightly, but triglycerides down - but understood my position around ratios. Googled the calculator I mentioned on the spot, put in my figures and agreed ratios were fine.

By the time we got to weight, she just asked me what I weighed and entered that into the computer!

It was so refreshing to have an engaged and supportive conversation - and hopefully there’ll be a few referrals to the forum.
Brilliant news that we are hbaca1 twins and brilliant too that such good news given well rather than with a but what about your cholesterol- we hope change is afoot!
Congratulations are in order welcome to the 30 club

Reactions: Prem51

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You are a great inspiration to us all!
Well done you!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant HbA1c and brilliant nurse! She sounds a little bit like mine. Defo a keeper. :)