extremly high sugar levels.

bretty

I would be great full for any advice and tips on how to bring my sugar levels rite down, i was diagnosied with type one last week and i was 24.6 when i left the hospital, personaly myslef i feel the should of kept me in for a bit, so if any one could help the would be great .

badmedisin

Hi!
Er, welcome to the club?!
What sort of insulin have they put you on? Have they told you anything about eating or matching your insulin to your carbohydrates? How often have they told you to test your blood sugar? Have you got any appointments with doctor or dietician?
Sorry to bombard you with questions! I guess we need some sort of background info to answer your question and obviously we can only give advice based on personal experience rather than medical qualifications (well, most of us!).
:) Jo

bretty

im on nova rapid 4 times a day at 6 units , was 4 to start of with then they uped it to 6, levemer once a day at 8pm once again started me on 10 units now im on 12, the docs and nurses didnt realy tell me to much so im very confused, i did see a dietician but took so much info in on that day i forgot half of it.
i dont have a clue about carbohydrates,fats,protien,sugar, anythin im the worlds worst. so i need all the help i can get. and also what doesnt help is im a fussy eater, but here is a list of some foods i do like and if any one could tell me what i can an shouldnt eat out of these i would be very greatull

***FRUIT***
apples, bananas, grapes

****MEAT****
All types

**veg**
Peas, carrots, potatoes

**Everything else**

Egg,beans,chips,ham,tuna,haddock,cod,sausages,jacket potatoes,cheese,chinesse ,indian, pizza,pies,yorkshire pudd,bacon,hash browns,tamatoe soup,pot noodles, i no most of that is junk food but not sure if theres bits that are still ok.

also not sure if i can have tomatoe sauce??

sorry to write so much any help very welcome, thanks.