1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Fatty Liver

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Priscilla_Tang, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Priscilla_Tang

Priscilla_Tang Type 2 · Member

Should one who is T2, obese, with fatty liver, go on the LCHF diet ? Wouldnt the high fat exacerbate the fatty liver condition ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Art Of Flowers

Art Of Flowers I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

LCHF will greatly reduce fat in your body including the liver. Fat in the liver comes from insulin storing excess blood sugar, which typically comes from eating carbs.

Eating a LCHF diet will rapidly help you lose weight and the fat in the liver is one of the first places that fat is removed. Intermittent fasting is another good way of removing excess fat on the liver.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Eating the fats shouldn't matter but if you are worried you can always go for the omega-3 types and unsaturated oils.

5. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You DO NOT have to add extra fat to eat a lchf diet, just by reducing the carbs in your diet will automatically increase the percentage of fat.

I managed to lose 5 stone and control my diabetes by eating a low carb normal fat diet, I never added extra fat as fat has too many calories and I wanted to lose weight.

Im sure I couldnt have lost the weight I did had I added extra fat/calories to my diet, in fact when ever I ate extra fat, say cheese after diner or extra cream or fried breakfasts I would see my weight loss stall until I stopped eating the extra fat, weight loss is a fine balance between eating enough but not too much.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #5 Sid Bonkers, Mar 3, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  6. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I increased fats when following LCHF and my fatty liver vastly improved. For me fat calories don't seem to matter, whereas carb ones certainly do.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook