Type 2 Fatty Liver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too much sun
Should one who is T2, obese, with fatty liver, go on the LCHF diet ? Wouldnt the high fat exacerbate the fatty liver condition ?

Reactions: Freema

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LCHF will greatly reduce fat in your body including the liver. Fat in the liver comes from insulin storing excess blood sugar, which typically comes from eating carbs.

Eating a LCHF diet will rapidly help you lose weight and the fat in the liver is one of the first places that fat is removed. Intermittent fasting is another good way of removing excess fat on the liver.

Reactions: Priscilla_Tang

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Priscilla_Tang

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Eating the fats shouldn't matter but if you are worried you can always go for the omega-3 types and unsaturated oils.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
You DO NOT have to add extra fat to eat a lchf diet, just by reducing the carbs in your diet will automatically increase the percentage of fat.

I managed to lose 5 stone and control my diabetes by eating a low carb normal fat diet, I never added extra fat as fat has too many calories and I wanted to lose weight.

Im sure I couldnt have lost the weight I did had I added extra fat/calories to my diet, in fact when ever I ate extra fat, say cheese after diner or extra cream or fried breakfasts I would see my weight loss stall until I stopped eating the extra fat, weight loss is a fine balance between eating enough but not too much.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I increased fats when following LCHF and my fatty liver vastly improved. For me fat calories don't seem to matter, whereas carb ones certainly do.