Feeling **** about my self all the time

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
well we broke up with my gf, I've lost my job, my friends... And, yeah, inject in legs especially when you're skinny is really painfull. Dia ruined my life, my dreams...all my plans.

So I understand coralkay. I know how it feels. I can't say "hey, no worryes! Everything is Ok" cos it's NOT actually. But I know some people who don't really care about it.
Everyone is different

Sorry for being honest. You asked, I replyed :shy:

Are you saying all the above like breaking up with your gf was diabetes fault, lising your job was diabetes fault, lising your friends was diabetes fault??

Alot of those things happen to non diabetics...

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
In my case yeah. That all Dia fault.

Then you need to get a grip on your diabetes, as diabetes is a medical condition that does NOT have to impact on your life?

Can you say why you lost your friends due to diabetes?
The only impact that diabetes may have around friends is the fact that you may need to do a blood test and injection... It should not come between friends...

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a long story. I worked abroad and there I had friends, gf and my lovely job. It is what it is. I lost everything. So for me this is a disaster.
But as I sad for some people Dia is just a blood testing and injection. And that's why I don't want to talk about it with everyone.

I just said that I understand Coralkay cos I feel the same.
I think the worst thing is when people get Dia between 20-30 years old. Seems everything ruined and all mixed up. :confused:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I was in my late teens when diagnosed so I understand the impact.

I'm not dismissing your feelings. Far from it but, it is balancing your work, your life and diabetes...
New jobs are around. I was managing large supermarkets when I was diagnosed so I know uts hard to get a balance between everything.

Really just to say, don't give up.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Its not just a blood and injections entirely... It is a lot of management behind the scenes. However, it is possible to get good jobs and lifes etc...

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I know. I lost everything when I was 26. Now I'm 32 and OMG need to start from the beginning. :facepalm:
Thank you for being understanding anyways.

BUT!

This is the Coralkays topic NOT mine :) Im feeling down but not **** :***:

Last edited by a moderator:

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a long story. I worked abroad and there I had friends, gf and my lovely job. It is what it is. I lost everything. So for me this is a disaster.
But as I sad for some people Dia is just a blood testing and injection. And that's why I don't want to talk about it with everyone.

I just said that I understand Coralkay cos I feel the same.
I think the worst thing is when people get Dia between 20-30 years old. Seems everything ruined and all mixed up. :confused:

Hi,
I do think Type one diabetes is a lot more than a medical condition - and that the age range 20-30 is a very difficult time to get it - i did - there is so much change involved - and change in self perception - deep philosophical issues also - without insulin I cannot live sort of issues - i nearly died in a coma on diagnosis but everyone without insulin has to accept this - also issues that a man might find even more difficult - like lack of total independence and autonomy - knowing one might have at some point to rely on someone else to help - in a hypo for instance, and also knowing you cant just get up and go without a lot of thought and pre-planning, and some back up. thankfully at last there is more recognition of the emotional impact - just seen the news from DiabetesUK

10th January 2015 – Patients with diabetes are being left to struggle with the emotional impact of their condition because of a lack ofpsychological support, according to Diabetes UK.
It says this is a concern because depression rates for people withdiabetes are twice as high as in the rest of the population.

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't understand how anything (other then health problems) can be blamed on diabetes. It doesn't actually DO anything, it just IS. You have it, end of story.

I have ups and downs, and been really depressed just like everyone else but in the end it can't make you act a certain way. Its still all a choice.

When i was young, every time i would get angry or sad my dad would always say "No one can make you feel anything you don't let yourself feel" and that stuck. You control your emotions, not your bf/gf not your boss, not your BS, YOU. Its a choice. You can be at 15, have a migrain, and throwing up, and then its just a harder choice but the more times you make the right choice the easier it gets.

Lets say you are walking down the street having a wonderful day, and all of a sudden you get robbed. This guy pushes you down and takes your wallet/purse and gets away! It happened, there is no taking it back so at this point you can cry and stress and worry until your life is ruined OR you can say "Well, f*ck, that just happened, time to make some phone calls" and then calmly do what you have to do and not let it affect you emotionally.
Just carry on living through it. He took some valuable things, but now they are gone, nothing you do will bring them back, so why be angry? Why be sad?

Any negative change in emotion only makes things worse 100% of the time. Do what you need to do, but its in your best interest to stay happy while you do it lol

It may sound difficult for people who are really 'emotional' but there is no reason anyone should every be angry, or sad. It never helps, and can never make things better, so again why bother?

I am not saying don't think about it, or plan things, or recognize the situation is terrible, just do it with positive spirits lol

Also, I am a lean guy as well, my legs are especially lean, probably the least fat on my body is my arms and legs, why are you guys still injecting there? Serious, i tried like 3 times and it always hurt and now its all butt, love-handles, and back of the arms. You have to pinch and pull, which helps a lot. Also, change your need after every injection, don't use the same needle multiple times, it will just make things worse.

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't understand how anything (other then health problems) can be blamed on diabetes. It doesn't actually DO anything, it just IS. You have it, end of story.

I have ups and downs, and been really depressed just like everyone else but in the end it can't make you act a certain way. Its still all a choice.

When i was young, every time i would get angry or sad my dad would always say "No one can make you feel anything you don't let yourself feel" and that stuck. You control your emotions, not your bf/gf not your boss, not your BS, YOU. Its a choice. You can be at 15, have a migrain, and throwing up, and then its just a harder choice but the more times you make the right choice the easier it gets.

Lets say you are walking down the street having a wonderful day, and all of a sudden you get robbed. This guy pushes you down and takes your wallet/purse and gets away! It happened, there is no taking it back so at this point you can cry and stress and worry until your life is ruined OR you can say "Well, f*ck, that just happened, time to make some phone calls" and then calmly do what you have to do and not let it affect you emotionally.
Just carry on living through it. He took some valuable things, but now they are gone, nothing you do will bring them back, so why be angry? Why be sad?

Any negative change in emotion only makes things worse 100% of the time. Do what you need to do, but its in your best interest to stay happy while you do it lol

It may sound difficult for people who are really 'emotional' but there is no reason anyone should every be angry, or sad. It never helps, and can never make things better, so again why bother?

I am not saying don't think about it, or plan things, or recognize the situation is terrible, just do it with positive spirits lol

Also, I am a lean guy as well, my legs are especially lean, probably the least fat on my body is my arms and legs, why are you guys still injecting there? Serious, i tried like 3 times and it always hurt and now its all butt, love-handles, and back of the arms. You have to pinch and pull, which helps a lot. Also, change your need after every injection, don't use the same needle multiple times, it will just make things worse.

Agree with everything...especially about jabbing in butt and love handles. I said earlier that I'm lean and mean.. And I injected in my butt for majority of my 30+ years...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I like it. The JFDI approach to life is one that I very much subscribe to. Yes, it's hard at times , but ultimately you just have to say "***k it" and carry on, as you are the only person who can make you feel better.

coralkay12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well ur wrong there cause I lost my mates over my diabetes because I cudent drink so they left me

coralkay12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanted to do my dream job but they refused me because I was diabetic aswell so it dus have a very impact on ur life

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi coral, what is your dream job? And hello from me , im a coach driver really love my job ,

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't understand how ....

Ok When you got Dia you were like "wow! Amazing! I can make videos about it on YouTube! And I love to do injections in my butt and now I can do it like 5-6 times a day!! Woop woop!!!"

well what can I say.. You're lucky 1.
Everyone is defferent as I said before

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hmm , in what job on a ship coral, my uncle was a purser on the queen mary,( years ago)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
My advice would be if at first you don't succeed...try try and try again, don't give up coral