Feeling **** about my self all the time

coralkay12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cause I applied and I got an interview but they asked me if I had any medical conditions cause I had to take a medical test so I explained that I had type 1 and they sed no and there was no point of even going to the interview

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok When you got Dia you were like "wow! Amazing! I can make videos about it on YouTube! And I love to do injections in my butt and now I can do it like 5-6 times a day!! Woop woop!!!"

well what can I say.. You're lucky 1.
Everyone is defferent as I said before

Oh yeah, that's totally what happened, I just sat around hoping I'd get an in curable disease one day.

I guess some people are just negative and some people are just positive.

You can't talk someone out of a problem they didn't talk themselves into.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ok I understand that a cruise ship nail technician may be out of reach but on a logical basis here then iur lives are all of not getting a job for one reason or another... Yes, we do have limitations in some aspects but they could make us stronger and better to take a different direction in life..

As for drinking, why can't you go out and enjoy yourself? You can still have alchohol if you wished to.....is drinking the be all and end all in relationships berween friends? No. Its not. Friendship is having coffees together on a morning in town, having a night in putting the world to rights-well discussions on men!!-lol!!
Going to the pictures, 10 pin bowling, Meeting up at a pub for lunch on days off etc. if you list your friends because of drinking then they aren't friends...friendship is not based upon drinking.. Its having other interests together, sorry... Losing friends like that isn't a hardship.

As for your job now.. Do you work for yourself?

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah. Coral, Don't blame your Dia. You've just chosen stupid job and stupid friends. That's it. :confused:

Coral, see? It was a bad idea to post it in here. Believe me. I've tryed it many times. All the same :p
It's no use. People in here will make you think you're silly :bag:

You need to find someone who you can talk with and who understand you. This forum doesn't fit for that :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yeah. Coral, Don't blame your Dia. You've just chosen stupid job and stupid friends. That's it. :confused:

Coral, see? It was a bad idea to post it in here. Believe me. I've tryed it many times. All the same :p
It's no use. People in here will make you think you're silly :bag:

You need to find someone who you can talk with and who understand you. This forum doesn't fit for that :)

That is not the case at all.

We are all people that have struggled at times with their diabetes and life itself.

I have on occasion got to such depths of despair that I just haven't given a **** about living....so we all have life's ups and downs. We don't have to blame diabetes for everything.

Whatever life we choose or make is what we are dealt with... Just take a look at Stephen Hawkins as an example if immense health problems. Has he succumbed to doing sweet f-all but moaning? No.

You can end up being miserable as hell or you can grt on with making the best of what you got.

There are members here that have really struggled and found true support and friendship.

Interpretation of our words and advice is personal to you only. We try to offer support and to help people realise that diabetes does not have to affect everything. Its mind over matter for a lot of people. Not just being diabetic... Look at other awful illnesses.

Wake up to the fact that many, many people go out to beat adversity. Not give in to it.

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Coral
I just wanted to say I hope you have a good day today, and just keep going, don't give up. You might not believe me at the moment, but the bad times pass - there will be good times in the future.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Ok Ok Sorry again :sorry: Gonna mute myself :dummy:
No your not,it is a human tendancy to be gloomy ,i was told a long time ago " look for the good in people and stay positive, all the best to you

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
A hospital research place in the South did research recently.. Had discussions with one if the researchers. The paper hasn't been produced yet. However, they were finding that oositive people actrd better towards their diabetes and negative people found that they had a harder time and it also researched how people reacted to positiveness from HCP's and negativity from them.. Positive people afain reacted differently.

Pisitive and realistic helps. Inwould say that I have always been realistic after being shown amoutees in a ward when I was diagnosed 30 years ago. We are not damned because we have a faulty gene. We just have to amend our plans sometimes... And make the most of things..

Ladybird1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello coralkay, after 52 years of diabetes I've had quite a few downers. The conclusion that I came to was" it's not ruling me, I'm ruling it". I live a "normal" life (I've never been normal) I have two wonderful children, one 22 and one 20.
I go out with my friends partying, I think more than my children do actually and yes I have a drink too.
You are the same as all your friends, go and enjoy yourself. You're a young woman first and foremost, diabetes is just an added extra :)
You are allowed to feel sorry for yourself from time to time, it's only natural and there's a lot to take in. You are in an elite club and you're doing a great job. Try injecting under your boobs, I do and it's not painful either.
I hope you find some inspiration from other diabetics on here, it's nice to know your not on your own.
Enjoy your life xx

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes & work.
I was put on MDI when i was about 20? In a galaxy long time ago....
I was given two types of insulin & a couple of fancy new pen things. A leaflet with a wave graph on how the insulin works with food & sent on my way. The same time i passed an interview pending a medical for a job in the NHS.
I was technically "fit to work".. More than..But my lack of knowledge about the new MDI regime of D management at the time rang alarm bells with the Doc at the physical & i lost out..
The lesson? Get clued up.. If i had known what i was talking about, the job would have been in the bag.. Since then i have been offered all sorts of surprising opportunities.. Including a HGV driver job if i wanted it within a company i was already employed.. When i owned up to being diabetic to cover my back my gaffer was unconcerned..

Relationships.
I only ever had on issue that made me think.. One ex tried to retain my insulin when i left which somewhat put a "vulnerable spin" on it. The emotion was somewhat mixed what she would do with it in my absence.. She had a habit of self harm & staging overdoses...
I cant complain about any other relationship. i moved on & am now happily married!

Friends.
"Back in the day" known formerly as the "diabetic kid". My friends respected my lack of indulgence on a night out.
The same with drugs.. It was like "talking to Frank" with most of them advising that i passed up on certain substances due to the D. lol
All in our mid forties now some of em are in a worst condition than me & look older than the years..
Some friends i've lost track of simply because the went off to have kids....
One friend is HIV+ but still lives life to the full (within reason) & I've never seen the guy without a smile on his face.. ;)

david6026

I'm the same had type1 for 2 an half years now and it's doing my head in just can't bothered these days Diabeties sucks......