Feeling peed off sorry for it being a negative first post :(

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
opps so doing it wrong i thought it was the carbs that turned into sugars that effects the blood ie makes it rise
Hi It is the carbs that turn into sugars, but on the labels ignore the 'of which is sugars' I'm sure someone will explain this.

Looks like they have already or sent you in the right direction. 'Bluetit again' :(

Neil

Reactions: 4 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
not sure clive read that much this past week im lost lol cheers bluetit i did read that but low engery levels are playing with my brain

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi mossy,don't worry ,it is a lot to take in , you have done well and will get more used to making your own diet , in the meantime ...::)) ::)) ::)) happy christmas

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Mossy,

Yes, I agree. Don't panic. It will all fall into place soon. Baby steps and deep breaths. You are doing very well, just keep posting and asking questions. Read when you have time.

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
6.2 fasting morning test

7.6 -2 hours after bacon scrambled egg toms and mushrooms

Reactions: 6 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
6.4 before tea and 2 hours after 7.7 only 2 meals again today as my sleep is still ****

Reactions: 2 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
how do u guys cope with this ive gone from not eating much anyway to eating whats right and i feel like **** had permanent headache today and dont have much energy to do anything most of the week but hey ho its like everything i guess you got to get used to it

just want a diagnosis now sick of waiting

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
how do u guys cope with this ive gone from not eating much anyway to eating whats right and i feel like **** had permanent headache today and dont have much energy to do anything most of the week but hey ho its like everything i guess you got to get used to it

Just be patient and see it through, it will be worth it mate, I assure you.
Have a look at the success stories on the site to give you a bit of encouragement.

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

if you have cut your carbs, you also lose excess fluid, you may need to add some salt, try a teaspoon in a glass of water, if you feel better in an hour, that's it
are you having what seems a ridiculous amount of fat's oils? cut an inch off a block of butter, see if that helps, I ate coconut oil by the spoon the first week, carb craving sucks
you can also add some protein which some will turn to glucose
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
great minds jack just read that think im going through that crash

put it this way im 24 stone and 6ft and before i had this i only eat one maybe 2 meals a day

but im eating 3 now sometimes just still the 2

i hate salt one thing i do hate

i dont no if its all the stress or whats going on with me but i cant take info in have to keep checking and food wise feels like we aint allowed to eat anything but saw dust lol

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

put it this way im 24 stone and 6ft and before i had this i only eat one maybe 2 meals a day

i dont no if its all the stress or whats going on with me but i cant take info in have to keep checking and food wise feels like we aint allowed to eat anything but saw dust lol
put a teaspoon in one litre of LC cordial hide the taste, you cut a lot of salt when you stopped the processed trash

cook yourself some steak and eggs with lc veg and a big dob of butter
make a stew with 1/4-1/3 meat and LC veg and some beans, peas..1/4 inch of fat floating on top, eat as much as you want to

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

You are going through one of the stages of getting control.
Hey mate, I have to low carb! I don't have a choice! I look at it this way!
If I want a future life healthier and fitter then I have to do this cos I don't want to put my family through what some of my relatives have by leaving us to soon because they couldn't control their lifestyle.
I have lost two brothers thanks to diabetes and cancer. Both in their fifties! Brother in law to alcoholism when in his early thirties.
I can't do that, I'm not that selfish.
You will, once in control, look back and see how negative you sound and you do need a change in lifestyle mate.
Keep posting and asking questions, we are here to help you through this. You know you can do it!

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
lc low calorie or low carbs ? lol

also is there anything like mints or glazzed sweets with no added carbs or sugar

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
thanks nosher just got so much going on at mo mate its christmas im out of work because of all this just lost my aunt last week not sleeping i will get there i do anything i put my mind too

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lc low calorie or low carbs ? lol

also is there anything like mints or glazzed sweets with no added carbs or sugar
lc low carb, the sweets suck and give you a lose tummy

gett the cocoa powder out and make 1/2 water 1/2 cream, hot chocolate drink ..use vanilla concentrate/essence and I add a drop of peppermint essence..start with a little of everything, you can add but you can't take out..virtually no carbs..after you finish it..have another one :)

coconut balls
https://www.google.com.au/#q=coconut+balls+low+carb

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
thanks nosher just got so much going on at mo mate its christmas im out of work because of all this just lost my aunt last week not sleeping i will get there i do anything i put my mind too
Sorry to hear that! I am struggling financially myself, having to put in more hours all the time at my age, can't claim for my wife, who's practically housebound on pain meds etc.
worked all my life never claimed when you need help, they forget about you and don't care!
Things will get better mate, they have for me, I know words are easy, but the last thing I would do is let the situation get the better of you!
I'm a fighter, I won't give in! Nor should you!
Best wishes mate, keep posting,
Vent it on here, I do, it helps!

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Cheers buddy this Government lets everyone down if your not upper class mate always has always will when you pay in all your life they want want want off you when its time for a little help they just kick u in the ball sacks learned that a long time ago

cheers buddy enjoy the rest of your night