Fish Consumption And Diabetes Risk

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
Well, I am on benefits, so i eat what i can afford. Thats the way it is. i have to take my chances and just do my best.
Thank god for Lidl and Aldi, Generally I skip breakfast, if I must I have a hard boiled egg, lunch comes from Lidl, kippers and avocado, evening meal is Aldi chicken thighs, £1.75 for 6-8 lasts 2-3 days I flavour with spices to change the flavour, then I put courgettes a red pepper or romaine lettuce or asparagus in a pan with a nub of butter. On this diet, my food bill is about half if what it used to be, eating on a budget can be tough, but I am so fed up with diabetes, I am prepared to do anything to put it in remission, one month ago, my morning BG was 11-14 today it was 6.8 best of luck buddy,

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank god for Lidl and Aldi, Generally I skip breakfast, if I must I have a hard boiled egg, lunch comes from Lidl, kippers and avocado, evening meal is Aldi chicken thighs, £1.75 for 6-8 lasts 2-3 days I flavour with spices to change the flavour, then I put courgettes a red pepper or romaine lettuce or asparagus in a pan with a nub of butter. On this diet, my food bill is about half if what it used to be, eating on a budget can be tough, but I am so fed up with diabetes, I am prepared to do anything to put it in remission, one month ago, my morning BG was 11-14 today it was 6.8 best of luck buddy,
Yeah. I dont have a Lidl I can reach, but Aldi is my lifeline. The money I save on food gives me the money I need for self testing, so its a win-win.

Reactions: Bluetit1802