Important! Forum election RESULTS

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear all - thank you so much for voting in the Diabetes Forum Moderator Elections.

The 8 moderators elected are (in no particular order):

@searley
@EllieM
@Andydragon
@Antje77
@Jaylee
@VashtiB
@Rachox
@Goonergal

Congratulations to everyone. New moderators - welcome :) we will be in touch over the next few days in regard to starting. Sympathies to the two nominations that were not elected, we hope that you will continue to support the community.

Thanks to everyone again. Here's to a compassionate, inclusive community that empowers people.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Great to see a new T1 in the mod team - congratulations @EllieM
Two of the new mods have T1, and two of the remaining mods have T1.
This means a 50/50 split between T1 and T2 mods, so considering the general forum population the T1's are massively over-represented.

It might also be interesting to know that in my two years as a mod I haven't noticed any difference in moderating styles between the various type of diabetes.
We truly are a team, not a bunch of individuals only taking care of people with the same type of diabetes as our own.
Type doesn't matter.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to all the new Mods and commiserations to those who didn't quite make it this time around. And thank you to all those Mods who have done their time, and are stepping away for now.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very pleased to see the results at last, congrats to the new mods, and a thank you to the retiring mods for a job well done.

Reactions: urbanracer

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, returning and new mods.
Thank you all, and special thanks to the retiring mods. Working with you in the past was a great privilege. Enjoy your well deserved rest.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Will the votings be published?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

They have never been published in the several years the mod elections have been running.
If you wish them to be published, then you can write to the email address given in the forum rules with your suggestion.
It certainly isn't a decision that moderators can make, since they do not run the elections, and do not have access to the vote figures.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope not. Mods are all equal, it's either in or out. No such thing as the mod with the most votes being somehow more mod than the others.
Knowing the exact votes also has the potential to cause friction within the mod team, I'm happy we don't know!

Reactions: zand

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope not. Mods are all equal, it's either in or out. No such thing as the mod with the most votes being somehow more mod than the others.
Knowing the exact votes also has the potential to cause friction within the mod team, I'm happy we don't know!
Similarly, As one of the two nominees who were not successful, I am happy to accept the results, as reported. I would find it insensitive in the extreme to know just how ‘unpopular’ I had been in the poll.

Reactions: Antje77

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And I really wanted to vote for 6 mods. As we only had 3 votes I tried to vote tactically, by trying to guess who would get lots of votes from others, and therefore wouldn't be needing mine. Sadly one of the ones I didn't vote for wasn't elected. I would be upset to find out that my one vote for that person would have made a difference.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My three choices were elected, I think members were more careful in choosing the new mods than before when there were six votes.