Forum has gone black ??

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
The forum has suddenly gone black round the edges....

Just me ??

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
zolabud said:
The forum has suddenly gone black round the edges....

Just me ??

Take more water with it :lol: :lol:

It did suffer an outage yesterday but my screen as been fine since it came back :clap: :thumbup:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Perhaps try refreshing with CTRL+F5 on your keyboard. This refreshes your cache and should resolve these kinds of issues.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Giverny said:
Perhaps try refreshing with CTRL+F5 on your keyboard. This refreshes your cache and should resolve these kinds of issues.

That's a new on me, and a great shortcut, Giverny.

Thank you. :clap:

willie.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The dreaded latency has returned and this problem has existed on and off since I joined almost 4yrs ago .. its time it was sorted out once and for all!!!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
The dreaded latency has returned and this problem has existed on and off since I joined almost 4yrs ago .. its time it was sorted out once and for all!!!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I scanned the life out of my lappy and it is back to normal now thank goodness.

Wonder how many times this post will be displayed ?? :lolno:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hobs said:
Working on it... had to push the new forum release back to next week due to some unforeseen issues with our servers. Hard drive failure is a pain!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Giverny said:
Hobs said:
Working on it... had to push the new forum release back to next week due to some unforeseen issues with our servers. Hard drive failure is a pain!

Okay, thanks for the info and later is better than never :D :thumbup:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Giverny said:

I think this depends on what browser you are using Giverny. In firefox for example it merely reloads the page bypassing the cache but doesnt actually refresh/delete the cache. But I guess it has the same effect :D

In most browsers to clear the cache you need to hit ctrl + shift + del :thumbup: Thats 3 fingers who said men cant multi task :lol:

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
"Working on it... had to push the new forum release back to next week due to some unforeseen issues with our servers. Hard drive failure is a pain!"
I am sure that after all is said and done, we are more than happy to wait a few seconds for a page to load, rather than for days to get the wrong information. Sometimes we should be thankful for what we have, one of the best informed and helpful group of people. I know that anger and impatience are part of our symptoms. But hay, lets say a big communal thank you and a group hug especially for Giverny, and all the people that work so hard for us :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Admit it this was done so we'd appreciate the new forum even more :lol:

(Also included: many thanks and a big hug:) )

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Quick note: the site will actually be totally offline from 9pm tonight. We're transferring to a more accessible location after the hard drive failure the other day, so hopefully if it does happen again we'll be back online within minutes rather than hours! Once that's all done, myself and our awesome webmaster will be working on getting the new forum up and running!

The transition to the new forum will also inevitably bring us a couple of hours down time whilst we transfer all your posts and profiles across. It's a really long process since we have so many users, posts, attachments, avatars, profiles and what not. I hope the awesomeness of the new forum will make up for the amount of downtime and server lag we've had over the past 12 months.

So, apologies in advance for any interruptions to your forum experience over the next few days!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Hope the "last track played" isn't a portent of doom for the upgrade : Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the silence" :lol: :lol: :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
New year, new forum :thumbup: