Forum ideas

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

See that line above that appears on the main forum page? Would it be possible to have this on all thread? I'm the kind of person that likes to see the new threads etc, so if I want to do that I have to go back to the main forum page.

It's all about streamlining, the forum is great and taking ideas from the community can only do it better.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ahhhh - I see it, so what are you saying - to have that on all pages? What does everyone else thing about that?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I dunno - seems to make sense to leave it on the Board index page...

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Also whilst on the topic of 'new posts' what is the timeline for posts to disappear from this page?

I often find in quieter times there can be only a few posts in the 'new posts' section..

Could there not be say a maximum amount of posts at all times then a newer posts would knock the oldest off?

I think less posts would go unanswered this way?

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jees I feel like I'm barging in here and shouting all these ideas over the place. Just been good to get a thread to express ideas :)

ebony321

Dislikes
ill3st said:
Jees I feel like I'm barging in here and shouting all these ideas over the place. Just been good to get a thread to express ideas :)

Keep on going, the more people suggest the more people can bounce other ideas from suggestions.

It's great to be asked what we'd like as we're the ones who use it :)

C

catherinecherub

ebony321 said:
Also whilst on the topic of 'new posts' what is the timeline for posts to disappear from this page?

I often find in quieter times there can be only a few posts in the 'new posts' section..

Could there not be say a maximum amount of posts at all times then a newer posts would knock the oldest off?

I think this topic came up before ebony and posters were asked if they could look at unanswered topics and post to welcome the person, say that they couldn't answer but hoped someone would etc. as it must be frustrating to not get an answer. It then transpired that people replied that they only looked at certain sections OR that they did not know it existed.

Funky Mum

ill3st said:
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

See that line above that appears on the main forum page? Would it be possible to have this on all thread? I'm the kind of person that likes to see the new threads etc, so if I want to do that I have to go back to the main forum page.

It's all about streamlining, the forum is great and taking ideas from the community can only do it better.

I'd like that! I use new posts all the time and to be able to go from a thread to new posts without having to go back to the index would be good. Its no biggy but if it can be done would be fab.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The 'unanswered posts' part of those 4 links is very good, it promotes people looking at unanswered posts to help out. Loike it!

ebony321

Dislikes
catherinecherub said:
ebony321 said:

I think this topic came up before ebony and posters were asked if they could look at unanswered topics and post to welcome the person, say that they couldn't answer but hoped someone would etc. as it must be frustrating to not get an answer. It then transpired that people replied that they only looked at certain sections OR that they did not know it existed.

I check the 'unanswered posts' section regularly, just incase anything has slipped through and will try at least bump them up, especially if someone seems to be in need of urgent advice or support.

I think most people either look at new posts or a particular forum, i personally use 'new posts' most of the time and would like it if at quieter times there were more than a few posts as it's easy to think 'oh not much going on' and sign out if that makes sense?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We're totally all about listening - so any other ideas greatly appreciated. We take note of them all (no matter how bizarre!) so please keep firing!

In terms of new posts - we'll see if we can update the time frame?

Suggestions made:

Quick reply - done
Autopreview topics - in progress

ebony321

Dislikes
Or take the time frame away and have a set amount of the newest posts amongst the forum?

Like the newest 30 posts or something?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
According to the documentation for the forum, "View new posts" shows the posts made since your last login. If you log out and back in again, the list will be empty. I suppose in that case the other links would be used - anyway, we're still looking into it!

sugar2

Waah! where did my quick reply go!

Could I request "mouse over" feature on the thread index, so you can see the firt few lines of the post?

Also, spell check?

ebony321

Dislikes
Administrator said:
According to the documentation for the forum, "View new posts" shows the posts made since your last login. If you log out and back in again, the list will be empty. I suppose in that case the other links would be used - anyway, we're still looking into it!

Just tried it and you're right, i thought it was just a time frame of maybe two hours so in quieter times there would be less posts.

now all the interesting post's have gone :lol:

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What do people think about being able to have their own blogs?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sugar2

Blogs.. not something I would use, or read, (prefer debate,interaction and different points of views) but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with them.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Administrator said:
What do people think about being able to have their own blogs?

Personally I wouldn't use them. There are plenty of blog sites out there that people could link in their sig or the like?