Forum ideas

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In keeping with the spirit of things and as we continue to add and trial new features, we'd like to ask the community as to any ideas they have that they'd like to see implemented? Please post and talk about forum ideas here.

Suggestions made

Quick reply: done
Autopreview: done
More smilies: done
My posts in top bar: done (11/11)
Mobile skin: done (11/11)

Mobile app: in progress
Christmas emoticons: we're creating some (we'll get them in by November 19)

For details of these, please see http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22058

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From using quite a lot of forums over the years, (so many I've forgotten where I'm a member of!)

One idea would be having a quick reply box at the bottom of the page on each thread? So you don't need to click through into Post A Reply page?

Also, I was reading on another thread about this save button? Is there no way this can be added to preferences? My muscle memory keeps taking me to the save button lol.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
People just need to have it explained to them what to do to get their post back if they inadvertently pressed "save". It's an extremely useful feature.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Quick button would be great...

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Testing quick reply feature: to make a quick reply, simply click on the QUICK REPLY button underneath the topic thread.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Assume formating still works if you know the correct tags?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ahh - this is very amusing - like a "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON" sign :lol: :lol: :lol:

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They do still work, but they're not shown in the Quick Reply box - to do that click on Full Editor. It will save whatever you've written in the Quick Reply box... :shock:

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We're now working on finding out how to make 'Save' button a preference - bear with us - could take a while!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
could you not make the 'save' button appear somewhere else? at the top with the edit buttons instead?

Then people's instinct to click it instead of submit wouldnt be tempted?

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
daisy1 said:
People just need to have it explained to them what to do to get their post back if they inadvertently pressed "save". It's an extremely useful feature.

Personally I'm a Ctrl + C kind of person, maybe it's the button placement that's getting to me :lol:

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Testing out this Quick Reply box, some quick workers around here!

The 'display posts from previous' line below the last reply, can that not be relocated? Makes the forum look a bit messy.