Forum ideas

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Going to attempt the topic autopreview on mouse-over - so if the forum crashes, you know why!

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps on this thread you could update your initial post to show the ideas been worked on?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
ebony said:

Not a total fail ebony, you just need to close the end tag by inserting a forward slash in the bracket before the b ie [/b] Jobs a goodun
thumbsup.gif

How about some new smileys?
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
wallbang.gif
like these for example
eyebrows.gif

And personally I dont like the 'Similar Topics' at the bottom of the pages, I find it a distraction that is not relevant 90% of the time and not necessary as If I want to see a list of topics I use the search facility. I tend to work my way down the 'Active Topics' list every time I log on.

ClaireG 06

I don't like the topic thing and the first bit of the OPs post on the new post index page. It doesn't make the title of the post clear enough the way the text blends in with it.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Claire - what do you mean?

C

catherinecherub

It is all too confusing IMHO. Too much too soon. You need a manual to find your way around.

ClaireG 06

Administrator said:
Claire - what do you mean?

If i go to new posts this is what i get for this thread

title="In keeping with the spirit of things and as we continue to add and trial new features, we'd like to ask the community as to any ideas they have that..." Forum ideas
1234 by Administrator » Today, 12:50 pm in Diabetes Discussions

The Forum Ideas gets lost in the text telling you what the post is about if you see what i mean. I didn't have to hover over the topic to get this. Will see if switching off does anything!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah, we seem to have made a mistake on the search page - we'll sort that out ASAP!

It's now fixed - we missed a '>' in the code.

Claire - do you want to switch it on and tell us if you still get that error?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Phew - it's our fault. Think that's enough changes for now! :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, how would you feel with a newbies, new starters page? covering main impacting issues after first being diagnosed. MEDS started on, confusion n shock n bewilderment, head in a whirl,fog. diet n excercise choices. seperate question n answer page just for the firstly diagnosed newbies. then as they find their feet can feel their way round n mooch through the other threads n pages. To be honest this is something I could have done with when I was firstly n newly diagnosed as it IS such a shock and life changing. Maybe a page set up with how to cope n deal with overwhelming n overfacing issues n problems in the smallest n little of things that impact, on how to put the things into practice n place. As your style n ways of doing things has to change n let n make progress happen. Say 3 pages just for the firstly diagnosed newbies. oh and what about a page for the teenagers I myself have been helping the teenagers with their worries , issues, n concerns. From school , dating, peer pressures, sexual health issues. Anna.x :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Anna - do you mean content wise? Or in the forum? This seems to be more site content? Great idea though to improve on our newly diagnosed page!

Edit: we've added that to our content list! :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, had the teenagers on the ask a question page only, maybe their own page with advisors as they ARE vunerable! plus so are WE when they ask specific questions [ sexual matters n topics] as the 'kids' do... its part of their growing up n curiousity and we have been lucky to have some teenagers that care for their peers parents n girl/boy friends. We cant leave them out without help support guidance n advice. Anna.x

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
oh, I just love the quick reply.

thankyou