FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've confirmed what I previously thought, Novorapid is not at all rapid on me :( minimal change for almost an hour after Bolus. Means my prebolus regime has gone up!
I guess it depends on your definition of rapid, but the bolus when I am 11 and rising steadily had an impact within 10 mins, and has created a few falling readings that has just been arrested as the cake kicks in about 30 mins after eating it.... :hungry: :oops:

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
For information only :couchpotato:

ageEIpV.jpg

... the effect is immediate :smug:

Reactions: 2 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so loving my Libre. Just had to show everyone this. I don't often get days like this. Sooooo happy :) (apart from the slight LO sugar lol)

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415293620.509532.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Second sensor all up and running and seems just as accurate as the first. Annoyingly I have swapped arms this time and can't get used to swiping my other arm! I keep panicking thinking my sensor isn't working....

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My second sensor is being quite random today - even the scans are not agreeing with the data and it's not consistently higher or lower than blood - anything up to 3mmol/l out. Disappointed because my first sensor was so much better.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a shame Robert. My first sensor was like that - this one seems a bit better, although far from perfect. Best thing to do is do a scan and test your BG on a different meter - if it's out by a long way, test on the built-in BG. Do that a couple of times and then ring Abbotts. They'll send you a new sensor.

Smidge

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a shame Robert. My first sensor was like that - this one seems a bit better, although far from perfect. Best thing to do is do a scan and test your BG on a different meter - if it's out by a long way, test on the built-in BG. Do that a couple of times and then ring Abbotts. They'll send you a new sensor.

Smidge
Thanks - I've been using the built-in and AC mobile and getting close enough between them on bloods. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mines pretty good this time round

Both showing 14.7 :hungover:

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just reviewed all details for the last couple of weeks and I am averaging 35 scans per day. Can I see that reducing? Not for a long while . . :) Control is getting much better and finding some unexpected results to some foods.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just reviewed all details for the last couple of weeks and I am averaging 35 scans per day. Can I see that reducing? Not for a long while . . :) Control is getting much better and finding some unexpected results to some foods.

35, not too bad! :)
Which foods have u found the unexpected results for?

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry if this has been covered already ... Is the sensor life 14 days from insertion or activation?

My current sensor runs out on Saturday morning and I just wondered if I can put the new one on on Friday evening to let it settle before I activate it on Saturday?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think the sensor knows what the time is - it gets that from the reader so I don't see it can start until you activate it

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
35, not too bad! :)
Which foods have u found the unexpected results for?

First was Allbran. Changed to this as it is the lowest GI cereal. Found my numbers spike very quickly even though I only have small amount. Any suggestions for breakfast?

Other day we had a roast chicken. Nothing else so just meat. Afterwards had two glasses of wine and 70g of chocolate orange and I didn't break above 8. Double checked with meter as I thought it could be the libre.

Finding I am using the libre to identify not just things to cut out but nice things I can bring back in. My wife is lining up a range of cakes for me to try over the coming weeks. It's going to be a hard time but someone has to do it.

So as well as getting better control could the libre give a bit of normality to life?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What I like is that when you forget your morning Lantus, it allows you to test all day and act like a pump.