1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Emmotha, Oct 16, 2014.

1. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Your issue is proximity to the sensor. NFC works from only a few cm. Beyond that you need something different.

On that note, I wonder what the battery life on a sensor is in terms of swipes, as I'm pretty sure every 15 mins would give it a week or less. (I wonder if that is why some people are seeing sensor issues earlier in the 14 day life than others? Over swiping...)

Technically then, introducing this kind of thing brings it far closer to a classic cgm along with the limitations that incurs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. smidge

smidge LADA · Well-Known Member

I don't think Login's levels are real -his sensor is just reading low.

Smidge

• Like Like x 4
  3. smidge

smidge LADA · Well-Known Member

Hi Searly, Mine arrived today after two weeks - with an apologetic phone call from an Abbott rep.

Smidge

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlexMBrennan

AlexMBrennan Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I got a call today to notify me that the sensor had been sent out on Wed (10 days after I reported the problem) and apologizing for the delay.

5. Danaemac

Danaemac Type 1 · Well-Known Member

M
    My replacement reader and sensor ( never asked for that ) arrived today along with a call from a customer service manager with an apology for the delay

• Like Like x 2
  6. searley

searley Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I called them today and they said the order had been place but a system error meant they we manually processing the orders hence the delay but they were all shipped a few days ago

7. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My arm is quite sore today. Think I put it too high up

8. logindetails

logindetails Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the concern but my readings aren't really that low and the estimated A1c is bull****. Unfortunately the Libre sensor has been giving low readings compared to blood tests - in reality I haven't been below 5.0 mmol/L all day.

Blood test is the middle reading, the 'LO' readings either side means that the sensor is scanning at less than 2.2 mmol/L

[​IMG]

9. logindetails

You probably pricked a muscle during insertion - should ease up in a day or two. Is the new sensor reading ok?

10. logindetails

I posted the above on Oct 28 and I'm a gnats naughty bit away from taking it back :sour:
    I had to call customer services a couple of times as the replacement starter pack was taking too long to arrive - they kept on confirming that the pack was on its way and that I should receive it in a day or two.
    Well 10 days later, today, a package arrived - a new sensor - NOT the new starter pack I had been promised :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Another call to customer services who apologise and say they don't know what happened - they will now send me (I'm not holding my breath :nailbiting: ) a new reader and one further sensor so I have a full starter pack as promised.

It means I'm going to have to take a break from scanning as my current sensor (which is bolloxed anyway) ends tomorrow and I'm not putting the replacement sensor on until I receive the new reader.

11. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You're not having much luck!!
    They should be sending you a refund as well or complimentary supply of sensors too.

12. daniT1D

daniT1D Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So did you all remove the first sensor before putting the second on or did anyone give the second some 'easing in' time before the first ran out? P

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

13. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I put the second on before taking off the first, but then I took the first off about 10 minutes after that, so no easing in time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. daniT1D

I'm wondering whether to add the second tonight as first expires around 9:30 tomorrow morning

• Like Like x 2
  15. robert72

I don't believe that the 14 day countdown starts until you activate the sensor, judging from the times on my log files downloaded from the reader

• Like Like x 2
  16. redrevis

redrevis · Well-Known Member

Whilst I've been using the Libre, on occasions, for various reasons, I've thought the reading doesn't seem quite right, so I waited 10mins then took another reading and when that reading was the same, or very similar, I also did a BG test. These are all after 48hrs of the sensor being in, I consciously try and keep myself hydrated so that shouldn't be an issue. These are the results, notice how all of them have a horizontal trend arrow.

What do people think? Are these results typical to what others have been experiencing?

Comparison (Large).jpg

17. logindetails

If you trust the readings from you AC Mobile then I would say your sensor is giving you erratic readings - sometimes a lot higher and sometimes a lot lower than the blood test.
    Contact Abbott (0500 467 466) for a replacement, yours is faulty.

• Like Like x 3
  18. robert72

My first sensor was very accurate compared to blood tests on both the Libre and the AC mobile - usually with in 0 - 0.5 mmol/l. My second sensor was quite jittery yesterday but has settled into being about 1 mmol/l higher than blood tests today. I think the biggest difference so far was maybe 2 mmol/l.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Omnipod

Omnipod Type 1 · Well-Known Member

i did that too.... but the pain / dicomfort went after 2 days. Just hang in. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. daniT1D

I'm wearing 2 as the first is still stuck so I'm wimping out of removing it!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook